Wednesday, October 10, 2012
The Hood River County School District is pleased to announce that Kevin Noreen is joining the district as the new director of human resources. Kevin’s first day with the District was Sept. 20.
Noreen graduated from Lewis & Clark College and Seattle University School of Law. Prior to working for Hood River County Schools, he served 15 years with Clackamas County as a development review supervisor for the Department of Transportation and Development. He is a member of the Oregon School Personnel Association and is currently the chair of the Chalkboard Project’s Advisory Council.
Noreen is a member of the Sherwood School Board and has held that position for the past nine years. He and his wife, Kate, have two children, daughter Karina (a junior currently on a Rotary yearlong exchange in Finland) and son Kierin (eighth grade). He also volunteers each summer to direct the Sherwood Robinhood Festival Marching Band.
“I am excited to join such a strong district and look forward to working with the board, the district leadership team and the entire staff to fulfill our mission to provide students an educational system of excellence, effectiveness, and fiscal accountability allowing all students the opportunity to gain a competitive advantage in a global economy,” Noreen said.
More like this story
- Heights house fire roars up Friday
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge