Wednesday, October 10, 2012
The Hood River County School District is pleased to announce that Kevin Noreen is joining the district as the new director of human resources. Kevin’s first day with the District was Sept. 20.
Noreen graduated from Lewis & Clark College and Seattle University School of Law. Prior to working for Hood River County Schools, he served 15 years with Clackamas County as a development review supervisor for the Department of Transportation and Development. He is a member of the Oregon School Personnel Association and is currently the chair of the Chalkboard Project’s Advisory Council.
Noreen is a member of the Sherwood School Board and has held that position for the past nine years. He and his wife, Kate, have two children, daughter Karina (a junior currently on a Rotary yearlong exchange in Finland) and son Kierin (eighth grade). He also volunteers each summer to direct the Sherwood Robinhood Festival Marching Band.
“I am excited to join such a strong district and look forward to working with the board, the district leadership team and the entire staff to fulfill our mission to provide students an educational system of excellence, effectiveness, and fiscal accountability allowing all students the opportunity to gain a competitive advantage in a global economy,” Noreen said.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 16
- Gorge Happiness Month: Mandy Kurfurst uses ‘The Daily Three’ to center herself
- Police Log, Nov. 27 to Dec. 10
- ‘Operation Christmas Child’ sets collection record for 2017 campaign
- FutureBus visits Cascade Locks Elementary
- History Museum of Hood River County hosts open house Saturday
- Pet of the Week: Gus the Yorkie is ‘sweetest in town’
- Kegler's Corner: Rod Pratt Bowls Bigly
- ‘Loving Vincent’ Dec. 20 at CCA
- How to help during the holidays