Wednesday, October 10, 2012
The Hood River County School District is pleased to announce that Kevin Noreen is joining the district as the new director of human resources. Kevin’s first day with the District was Sept. 20.
Noreen graduated from Lewis & Clark College and Seattle University School of Law. Prior to working for Hood River County Schools, he served 15 years with Clackamas County as a development review supervisor for the Department of Transportation and Development. He is a member of the Oregon School Personnel Association and is currently the chair of the Chalkboard Project’s Advisory Council.
Noreen is a member of the Sherwood School Board and has held that position for the past nine years. He and his wife, Kate, have two children, daughter Karina (a junior currently on a Rotary yearlong exchange in Finland) and son Kierin (eighth grade). He also volunteers each summer to direct the Sherwood Robinhood Festival Marching Band.
“I am excited to join such a strong district and look forward to working with the board, the district leadership team and the entire staff to fulfill our mission to provide students an educational system of excellence, effectiveness, and fiscal accountability allowing all students the opportunity to gain a competitive advantage in a global economy,” Noreen said.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge