Wednesday, October 10, 2012
The Hood River County School District is pleased to announce that Kevin Noreen is joining the district as the new director of human resources. Kevin’s first day with the District was Sept. 20.
Noreen graduated from Lewis & Clark College and Seattle University School of Law. Prior to working for Hood River County Schools, he served 15 years with Clackamas County as a development review supervisor for the Department of Transportation and Development. He is a member of the Oregon School Personnel Association and is currently the chair of the Chalkboard Project’s Advisory Council.
Noreen is a member of the Sherwood School Board and has held that position for the past nine years. He and his wife, Kate, have two children, daughter Karina (a junior currently on a Rotary yearlong exchange in Finland) and son Kierin (eighth grade). He also volunteers each summer to direct the Sherwood Robinhood Festival Marching Band.
“I am excited to join such a strong district and look forward to working with the board, the district leadership team and the entire staff to fulfill our mission to provide students an educational system of excellence, effectiveness, and fiscal accountability allowing all students the opportunity to gain a competitive advantage in a global economy,” Noreen said.
More like this story
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
- Fire season is here: enjoy yourself, safely and legally
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge