Wednesday, October 10, 2012
The Hood River County School District is pleased to announce that Kevin Noreen is joining the district as the new director of human resources. Kevin’s first day with the District was Sept. 20.
Noreen graduated from Lewis & Clark College and Seattle University School of Law. Prior to working for Hood River County Schools, he served 15 years with Clackamas County as a development review supervisor for the Department of Transportation and Development. He is a member of the Oregon School Personnel Association and is currently the chair of the Chalkboard Project’s Advisory Council.
Noreen is a member of the Sherwood School Board and has held that position for the past nine years. He and his wife, Kate, have two children, daughter Karina (a junior currently on a Rotary yearlong exchange in Finland) and son Kierin (eighth grade). He also volunteers each summer to direct the Sherwood Robinhood Festival Marching Band.
“I am excited to join such a strong district and look forward to working with the board, the district leadership team and the entire staff to fulfill our mission to provide students an educational system of excellence, effectiveness, and fiscal accountability allowing all students the opportunity to gain a competitive advantage in a global economy,” Noreen said.
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Students from Hood River selected for China trip
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge