Friday, October 12, 2012
Providence Hospice of the Gorge offers ongoing grief support groups for children and teens. The groups are free and run September through May from 6-7 p.m., every other Thursday at the Riverside Community Church in Hood River. Pizza is provided and, if needed, gas cards are available to cover the expense of travel.
The groups are open and ongoing and referrals are welcome throughout the school year. Additional information and resources including pamphlets on helping grieving students and understanding their needs in funeral planning are also available.
To attend an upcoming group or to get more information, call Providence Hospice of the Gorge, 541-387-6449, or visit www.providence.org/hoodriver.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge