Friday, October 12, 2012
Providence Hospice of the Gorge offers ongoing grief support groups for children and teens. The groups are free and run September through May from 6-7 p.m., every other Thursday at the Riverside Community Church in Hood River. Pizza is provided and, if needed, gas cards are available to cover the expense of travel.
The groups are open and ongoing and referrals are welcome throughout the school year. Additional information and resources including pamphlets on helping grieving students and understanding their needs in funeral planning are also available.
To attend an upcoming group or to get more information, call Providence Hospice of the Gorge, 541-387-6449, or visit www.providence.org/hoodriver.
More like this story
- Parkdale Pumpkin parade, fun run Oct. 29
- HR artist crafts White Salmon sign
- Three appeals filed on UP’s Mosier track project
- Search suspended for west Gorge hiker
- Yesteryears: Trailer-house colony plan to ease housing shortage abandoned in 1946
- Police Log, Oct. 1 to 8
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 26
- ‘Remember Minoru’: Hood River community honors a civil rights hero
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 26
- The Ale List: pFriem ranks tops in Oregonian brewery list
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge