Friday, October 12, 2012
Providence Hospice of the Gorge offers ongoing grief support groups for children and teens. The groups are free and run September through May from 6-7 p.m., every other Thursday at the Riverside Community Church in Hood River. Pizza is provided and, if needed, gas cards are available to cover the expense of travel.
The groups are open and ongoing and referrals are welcome throughout the school year. Additional information and resources including pamphlets on helping grieving students and understanding their needs in funeral planning are also available.
To attend an upcoming group or to get more information, call Providence Hospice of the Gorge, 541-387-6449, or visit www.providence.org/hoodriver.
More like this story
- Fire burns Underwood Fruit & Warehouse Wednesday
- Second annual ‘Rooted’ story event on Nov. 2
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner
- Eagle Creek fire info meetings Oct. 17-18 in CL, HR
- Local farm named among ‘Best Places to Pick Apples’
- Colors Day
- Two quilt shows in the Gorge
- Roots and Branches: Principles set in stone
- YESTERYEARS: Cooper Spur district gets electric service in 1947
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 18 edition
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge