Friday, October 12, 2012
Providence Hospice of the Gorge offers ongoing grief support groups for children and teens. The groups are free and run September through May from 6-7 p.m., every other Thursday at the Riverside Community Church in Hood River. Pizza is provided and, if needed, gas cards are available to cover the expense of travel.
The groups are open and ongoing and referrals are welcome throughout the school year. Additional information and resources including pamphlets on helping grieving students and understanding their needs in funeral planning are also available.
To attend an upcoming group or to get more information, call Providence Hospice of the Gorge, 541-387-6449, or visit www.providence.org/hoodriver.
More like this story
- Three people, and a dog, survive capsizing in Columbia near Wyeth
- Death notices, Sept. 28: Vera Owen, James Robinson, Clarence Lowell, Scott Burnett and Eva Morales Sanchez
- Service Announcement, Sept. 27: Berna Carter
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge