Friday, October 12, 2012
Providence Hospice of the Gorge offers ongoing grief support groups for children and teens. The groups are free and run September through May from 6-7 p.m., every other Thursday at the Riverside Community Church in Hood River. Pizza is provided and, if needed, gas cards are available to cover the expense of travel.
The groups are open and ongoing and referrals are welcome throughout the school year. Additional information and resources including pamphlets on helping grieving students and understanding their needs in funeral planning are also available.
To attend an upcoming group or to get more information, call Providence Hospice of the Gorge, 541-387-6449, or visit www.providence.org/hoodriver.
More like this story
- Death notices for Nov. 28
- Service announcement for Nov. 25
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge