Friday, October 12, 2012
A new twist on a favorite local performer’s style awaits audiences in the Gorge come Oct. 27.
Virtuoso violinist Aaron Meyer is joining with the Sinfonietta of the Columbia Gorge Orchestra Association to bring a concert experience to classical and rock music lovers alike.
Aaron Meyer and guitarist Tim Ellis will be performing music from his CD “Two Sides To This Story.”
“We’re excited that Portland rock virtuoso Aaron Meyer will be performing music arranged for his recent appearance with the Oregon Symphony here in Hood River,” said Conductor Mark Steighner. “It should be a very special evening of music at the Sinfonietta.”
The concert is slated for 7:30 p.m. at the Hood River Middle School auditorium. Adult tickets are $20 and students/seniors are $10, and are available online at brownpapertickets.com or at the door.
More like this story
- Service Annoucement for July 30: Del Gierke
- Death Notice for July 30: James Perry
- Schools seek applicants for budget panel
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge