Friday, October 12, 2012
A new twist on a favorite local performer’s style awaits audiences in the Gorge come Oct. 27.
Virtuoso violinist Aaron Meyer is joining with the Sinfonietta of the Columbia Gorge Orchestra Association to bring a concert experience to classical and rock music lovers alike.
Aaron Meyer and guitarist Tim Ellis will be performing music from his CD “Two Sides To This Story.”
“We’re excited that Portland rock virtuoso Aaron Meyer will be performing music arranged for his recent appearance with the Oregon Symphony here in Hood River,” said Conductor Mark Steighner. “It should be a very special evening of music at the Sinfonietta.”
The concert is slated for 7:30 p.m. at the Hood River Middle School auditorium. Adult tickets are $20 and students/seniors are $10, and are available online at brownpapertickets.com or at the door.
More like this story
- Service announcement for Nov. 25
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge