Friday, October 12, 2012
A new twist on a favorite local performer’s style awaits audiences in the Gorge come Oct. 27.
Virtuoso violinist Aaron Meyer is joining with the Sinfonietta of the Columbia Gorge Orchestra Association to bring a concert experience to classical and rock music lovers alike.
Aaron Meyer and guitarist Tim Ellis will be performing music from his CD “Two Sides To This Story.”
“We’re excited that Portland rock virtuoso Aaron Meyer will be performing music arranged for his recent appearance with the Oregon Symphony here in Hood River,” said Conductor Mark Steighner. “It should be a very special evening of music at the Sinfonietta.”
The concert is slated for 7:30 p.m. at the Hood River Middle School auditorium. Adult tickets are $20 and students/seniors are $10, and are available online at brownpapertickets.com or at the door.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge