Friday, October 12, 2012
A new twist on a favorite local performer’s style awaits audiences in the Gorge come Oct. 27.
Virtuoso violinist Aaron Meyer is joining with the Sinfonietta of the Columbia Gorge Orchestra Association to bring a concert experience to classical and rock music lovers alike.
Aaron Meyer and guitarist Tim Ellis will be performing music from his CD “Two Sides To This Story.”
“We’re excited that Portland rock virtuoso Aaron Meyer will be performing music arranged for his recent appearance with the Oregon Symphony here in Hood River,” said Conductor Mark Steighner. “It should be a very special evening of music at the Sinfonietta.”
The concert is slated for 7:30 p.m. at the Hood River Middle School auditorium. Adult tickets are $20 and students/seniors are $10, and are available online at brownpapertickets.com or at the door.
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge