Friday, October 12, 2012
A new twist on a favorite local performer’s style awaits audiences in the Gorge come Oct. 27.
Virtuoso violinist Aaron Meyer is joining with the Sinfonietta of the Columbia Gorge Orchestra Association to bring a concert experience to classical and rock music lovers alike.
Aaron Meyer and guitarist Tim Ellis will be performing music from his CD “Two Sides To This Story.”
“We’re excited that Portland rock virtuoso Aaron Meyer will be performing music arranged for his recent appearance with the Oregon Symphony here in Hood River,” said Conductor Mark Steighner. “It should be a very special evening of music at the Sinfonietta.”
The concert is slated for 7:30 p.m. at the Hood River Middle School auditorium. Adult tickets are $20 and students/seniors are $10, and are available online at brownpapertickets.com or at the door.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge