Friday, October 12, 2012
Join WAAAM’s first-ever cruise and car show in Hood River. The vehicle-venerating event will feature two NASCAR race cars on display: The Great Clips racing team #38 Chevrolet show car and #9 World-of-Outlaws race car.
Early registrations 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday include a Hood River (driving) cruise beginning at 5:45 p.m.; 6:30 dinner option and 7:30 movie (included). Full-day event schedule runs Saturday 8 a.m.-5 p.m. with car show, demos, awards, music, food, games and fun.
Enter your car 30 years or older for $25 (includes 2 event entrances). Regular adult tickets are $10 and children are $5. Tickets include museum entrance with over 85 aircraft and over 130 vehicles, plus the car show.
More like this story
- Fire burns Underwood Fruit & Warehouse Wednesday
- Second annual ‘Rooted’ story event on Nov. 2
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner
- Eagle Creek fire info meetings Oct. 17-18 in CL, HR
- Local farm named among ‘Best Places to Pick Apples’
- Colors Day
- Two quilt shows in the Gorge
- Roots and Branches: Principles set in stone
- YESTERYEARS: Cooper Spur district gets electric service in 1947
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 18 edition
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge