Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Columbia Gorge hosted its semi-annual pool party on Sunday, Sept. 30, at the Hood River Aquatic Center.
For the event, the Aquatic Center closed its doors to the public and was made available exclusively to program participants.
Approximately 50 program participants, composed of Bigs and Littles, from Hood River, Klickitat and Wasco counties, attended the event, where they splashed in the pool, swung from the rope swing and slid down the water slide without having to battle large crowds or long lines to do so.
Big Brothers Big Sisters, a program of The Next Door, provides children between the ages of 6 and 14 with one-on-one mentoring relationships with adult volunteers. More mentors are always needed, as there are children on a waiting list.
For more information, contact Justine Ziegler in Hood River and Klickitat counties at 541-490-9979 or Courtney Kendrick in Wasco County at 541-993-9022.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 16
- Gorge Happiness Month: Mandy Kurfurst uses ‘The Daily Three’ to center herself
- Police Log, Nov. 27 to Dec. 10
- ‘Operation Christmas Child’ sets collection record for 2017 campaign
- FutureBus visits Cascade Locks Elementary
- History Museum of Hood River County hosts open house Saturday
- Pet of the Week: Gus the Yorkie is ‘sweetest in town’
- Kegler's Corner: Rod Pratt Bowls Bigly
- ‘Loving Vincent’ Dec. 20 at CCA
- How to help during the holidays