Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Cooper Spur Race Team fundraiser is Saturday
Celebrating its 35th season, the Cooper Spur Race Team is preparing for its annual Hoedown fundraiser dinner, auction and evening of all-around shenanigans, complete with live music and a mechanical bull. The 21-and-over event is Oct. 20, 7-11 p.m. at Springhouse Cellar. Tickets are $35 each, available at the door or in advance at Columbia Gorge Title, Waucoma Bookstore or by emailing email@example.com.
Silent auction items this year are top-notch, including vacation packages to Maui, Bend and the coast, Meadows and Timberline passes and several pairs of skis.
CSRT registration open
Registration for Cooper Spur Race Team’s 2012-13 youth ski programs is now open. CSRT provides professional coaching for youth skiers ages 7-14 in alpine and freestyle/freeride disciplines. For more information or to register visit cooperspurraceteam.org.
HRVHS ski swap Nov. 2-3
Mark your calendars for the annual Hood River Valley High School ski swap on Nov. 2-3. The event is a fundraiser for high school race and freestyle ski teams and is a way for the community to sell old gear and find great deals on new/used gear.
Gear check-in is Nov. 2, 5-8:30 p.m., sales follow Nov. 3 starting at 7:30 a.m. Early entry from 7-8:30 is $25 per person and entry after 9 a.m. is $5 per person. For more info email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Church News: Updated Vacation Bible School list
- Death notices for June 25: Dorothy McPherren and Victoria Long
- Yesteryears: 911 comes to Hood River County in 1986
- Mt. Hood Town Hall Summer BBQ
- Oregon Trail Tea Time
- ‘Art in the Gorge’ show in Hood River July 1-3
- Cascade Observations: Making New Friends, Keeping the Old
- History links Mike’s (30 years) and Tum-A-Lum (110)
- Parkdale mason crafts new ‘masterpiece’ at Cape Horn
- Portland leaders ask governors to ban oil-by-rail
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge