Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Cooper Spur Race Team fundraiser is Saturday
Celebrating its 35th season, the Cooper Spur Race Team is preparing for its annual Hoedown fundraiser dinner, auction and evening of all-around shenanigans, complete with live music and a mechanical bull. The 21-and-over event is Oct. 20, 7-11 p.m. at Springhouse Cellar. Tickets are $35 each, available at the door or in advance at Columbia Gorge Title, Waucoma Bookstore or by emailing email@example.com.
Silent auction items this year are top-notch, including vacation packages to Maui, Bend and the coast, Meadows and Timberline passes and several pairs of skis.
CSRT registration open
Registration for Cooper Spur Race Team’s 2012-13 youth ski programs is now open. CSRT provides professional coaching for youth skiers ages 7-14 in alpine and freestyle/freeride disciplines. For more information or to register visit cooperspurraceteam.org.
HRVHS ski swap Nov. 2-3
Mark your calendars for the annual Hood River Valley High School ski swap on Nov. 2-3. The event is a fundraiser for high school race and freestyle ski teams and is a way for the community to sell old gear and find great deals on new/used gear.
Gear check-in is Nov. 2, 5-8:30 p.m., sales follow Nov. 3 starting at 7:30 a.m. Early entry from 7-8:30 is $25 per person and entry after 9 a.m. is $5 per person. For more info email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Update -- Police seeking man involved in kidnapping between Mosier, Portland
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge