Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Cooper Spur Race Team fundraiser is Saturday
Celebrating its 35th season, the Cooper Spur Race Team is preparing for its annual Hoedown fundraiser dinner, auction and evening of all-around shenanigans, complete with live music and a mechanical bull. The 21-and-over event is Oct. 20, 7-11 p.m. at Springhouse Cellar. Tickets are $35 each, available at the door or in advance at Columbia Gorge Title, Waucoma Bookstore or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Silent auction items this year are top-notch, including vacation packages to Maui, Bend and the coast, Meadows and Timberline passes and several pairs of skis.
CSRT registration open
Registration for Cooper Spur Race Team’s 2012-13 youth ski programs is now open. CSRT provides professional coaching for youth skiers ages 7-14 in alpine and freestyle/freeride disciplines. For more information or to register visit cooperspurraceteam.org.
HRVHS ski swap Nov. 2-3
Mark your calendars for the annual Hood River Valley High School ski swap on Nov. 2-3. The event is a fundraiser for high school race and freestyle ski teams and is a way for the community to sell old gear and find great deals on new/used gear.
Gear check-in is Nov. 2, 5-8:30 p.m., sales follow Nov. 3 starting at 7:30 a.m. Early entry from 7-8:30 is $25 per person and entry after 9 a.m. is $5 per person. For more info email email@example.com.
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge