Tuesday, October 16, 2012
It’s the perfect way to welcome autumn. Cruise on over to the center of Oregon’s scenic Hood River Valley near the community of Odell to experience the harvest season.
The Gorge Fruit & Craft Fair takes place Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 20-21, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., at the park-like Hood River County Fairgrounds, 3020 Wy’east Road. Admission and parking are free.
Celebrating the people and products of the Columbia River Gorge, the Gorge Fruit & Craft Fair features arts and crafts, gourmet food products, fresh fruit and produce, baked goods, wine, jewelry, furniture, plants and flowers, soft goods, and much more — all grown or crafted in the four Oregon and Washington counties of the Gorge.
The fair is well-known throughout the Northwest for serving up a relaxed atmosphere of country fun for everyone in the family, along with food, shopping and sampling in a scenic venue.
In addition to the wide selection of products and creations offered by exhibitors, the Fair features a full slate of activities.
n Odell Garden Club will hold its annual autumn flower show and sale in the Floral Building throughout the weekend.
n Hood River Art Club will present a gallery-style art show and sale.
n Find fresh local fruit and try delicious Gorge wines.
n Savor food, including barbecue and traditionally prepared Indian salmon dinners.
n Enjoy live music by the Gorge Strings Sunday afternoon.
To reach the Hood River County Fairgrounds, go south on Highway 35 to the Odell junction. Follow the signs to the nearby fairgrounds at 3020 Wy’east Road, at the intersection of Wy’east and Summit roads.
The Hood River County Fair Board organizes the event. For details visit hoodriverfair.com or call the fair office at 541-354-2865.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge