Tuesday, October 16, 2012
The Hood River Middle School engineering students — aka Gravity Gremlins — are putting math and physics to use Saturday in the first Gorge Gravity Games, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Court Street in The Dalles. The team refurbished a soap box car donated by Google and is fine-tuning the design this week. With the shell are Nathan McAllister, left, and Andrew McCarthy. In back are: left, Zach Moore, Henry Barton, teacher Andy Angstrom, Kevin Torres, Casey Holzman, Callie Crumpacker and Ramón Garcia Rivas. Not pictured: driver Matthew McCravey and Danielle Connelly.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge