Tuesday, October 16, 2012
The Hood River Middle School engineering students — aka Gravity Gremlins — are putting math and physics to use Saturday in the first Gorge Gravity Games, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Court Street in The Dalles. The team refurbished a soap box car donated by Google and is fine-tuning the design this week. With the shell are Nathan McAllister, left, and Andrew McCarthy. In back are: left, Zach Moore, Henry Barton, teacher Andy Angstrom, Kevin Torres, Casey Holzman, Callie Crumpacker and Ramón Garcia Rivas. Not pictured: driver Matthew McCravey and Danielle Connelly.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge