Tuesday, October 16, 2012
The Gorge Technology Alliance invites everyone to its monthly featured event on Tuesday, Oct. 23, with speaker Jason Glaspey on the topic of how entrepreneurs and existing businesses can generate significant impacts by focusing on solving small problems with their business model.
The event starts at 6:30 p.m. at White Buffalo Wine Bar & Bistro at 4040 Westcliff Drive, Hood River. Admission is $10 for non-GTA members; appetizers provided.
Glaspey is currently owner of Paleo Plan, co-founded the Portland Incubator Experiment, and was an early employee at Urban Airship and is also a new Gorge resident. He’s turned several of his small side projects into much bigger opportunities; examples include how after selling his online bacon company, Glaspey was asked to write his first book, and a simple car blog turned into the opportunity to test-drive new cars every week for two years.
Glaspey rejects the idea that all new businesses need to be funded, rapidly growing, and risking success for a big payout with poor odds. He’s also seen how small changes to add new products or solve new problems can make a big difference with existing companies.
For questions about the GTA, contact Executive Director Jessica Metta at 541-296-2266 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
GTA supports, connects and develops the technology community of the Gorge. It meets each month with networking and educational opportunities.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge