Tuesday, October 16, 2012
If you have an interest in smart blondes, goofy dogs or fun-spirited, toe-tapping musicals, the news is good.
Tickets are now on sale for the HRVHS upcoming production of “Legally Blonde – The Musical,” directed by Mark Steighner and slated to open Nov. 2 and run through Nov. 17.
“‘Legally Blonde,’ just ending a popular, multi-year run in London, is based on the hit movie, but kicks up the story and characters with fun, high-octane music and dance. ‘Legally Blonde’ is a mega-hit with high school and community theaters, and for good reason. It’s a crowd-pleaser from start to finish,” said Steighner.
“We have a cast of over 50 students, plus several very well-trained dogs,” said Steighner. Of course, when you add live animals on stage the audience may experience some unexpected hi-jinx.
Steighner and the students at HRV have been rehearsing four days a week since late August. The musical will follow the movie-version script fairly closely and promises to bring home the funny, irreverent feel of the film with fun for the whole family.
The performances will be held in the Bowe Theater at HRV, and dates are Nov. 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17 at 7 p.m. with 1:30 matinees on Nov. 3, 10, 11 and 17.
Tickets are already available online at showtix4u.com and are also available at Waucoma Bookstore in Hood River.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge