Tuesday, October 16, 2012
If you have an interest in smart blondes, goofy dogs or fun-spirited, toe-tapping musicals, the news is good.
Tickets are now on sale for the HRVHS upcoming production of “Legally Blonde – The Musical,” directed by Mark Steighner and slated to open Nov. 2 and run through Nov. 17.
“‘Legally Blonde,’ just ending a popular, multi-year run in London, is based on the hit movie, but kicks up the story and characters with fun, high-octane music and dance. ‘Legally Blonde’ is a mega-hit with high school and community theaters, and for good reason. It’s a crowd-pleaser from start to finish,” said Steighner.
“We have a cast of over 50 students, plus several very well-trained dogs,” said Steighner. Of course, when you add live animals on stage the audience may experience some unexpected hi-jinx.
Steighner and the students at HRV have been rehearsing four days a week since late August. The musical will follow the movie-version script fairly closely and promises to bring home the funny, irreverent feel of the film with fun for the whole family.
The performances will be held in the Bowe Theater at HRV, and dates are Nov. 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17 at 7 p.m. with 1:30 matinees on Nov. 3, 10, 11 and 17.
Tickets are already available online at showtix4u.com and are also available at Waucoma Bookstore in Hood River.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge