Tuesday, October 16, 2012
If you have an interest in smart blondes, goofy dogs or fun-spirited, toe-tapping musicals, the news is good.
Tickets are now on sale for the HRVHS upcoming production of “Legally Blonde – The Musical,” directed by Mark Steighner and slated to open Nov. 2 and run through Nov. 17.
“‘Legally Blonde,’ just ending a popular, multi-year run in London, is based on the hit movie, but kicks up the story and characters with fun, high-octane music and dance. ‘Legally Blonde’ is a mega-hit with high school and community theaters, and for good reason. It’s a crowd-pleaser from start to finish,” said Steighner.
“We have a cast of over 50 students, plus several very well-trained dogs,” said Steighner. Of course, when you add live animals on stage the audience may experience some unexpected hi-jinx.
Steighner and the students at HRV have been rehearsing four days a week since late August. The musical will follow the movie-version script fairly closely and promises to bring home the funny, irreverent feel of the film with fun for the whole family.
The performances will be held in the Bowe Theater at HRV, and dates are Nov. 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17 at 7 p.m. with 1:30 matinees on Nov. 3, 10, 11 and 17.
Tickets are already available online at showtix4u.com and are also available at Waucoma Bookstore in Hood River.
More like this story
- Pet of the Week: Roxy is happy, friendly girl
- ‘Walk with Ease’ starts in September
- ‘Terrific Tale of Thumbelina’ Aug. 25 at Arts Center
- Police Log, Aug. 7 to 13
- ‘Wheels of Hope’ nominations sought
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 19
- EDITOR’S NOTEBOOK: Two guys, one contested parking space, two police officers: one wonders
- Church News: St. Mary’s holds retirement party for Rev. Maag
- FILL THE BOOT
- 4-H Results, 2017 Hood River County Fair
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge