Friday, October 19, 2012
The Cascade Locks Joint Work Group on Economic Development meets Oct. 25 at 7 p.m. at City Hall.
Bruce Sorte will deliver his final report on the economic impact of the proposed Nestlé plant in Cascade Locks. Copies of the final report will be distributed at the meeting, and the committee will hear a presentation by Oregon Department of Transportation regarding grant opportunities for acquiring WaNaPa Street.
Interim City Administrator Paul Koch said, “There is the potential for the city to own and maintain WaNaPa Street.”
The committee will also discuss a draft list of proposed efforts to work with the Gorge Commission to enhance economic development.
The draft list of potential ideas was prepared during a recent summit between city officials from Cascade Locks, Stevenson and North Bonneville. Mayor Lance Masters will also report on the meeting with the Gorge Commission and the results of that effort.
The Cascade Locks Downtown Revitalization Committee meets Tuesday, Oct. 23 at 7 p.m. at City Hall. The committee is a partnership of the city and local businesses and other agencies.
The community is welcome to attend.
More like this story
- Cider Central: Cider Café opens, ’Gorge Society’ rebrands
- HR Library hosts Songwriters in the Round Sept. 16
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 5
- Labor Day: Drive with care, and take a moment to honor workers who can’t take a break
- Editor's Notebook: Will guards’ new disdain cancel refugees tickets’ aboard today’s European train?
- Police Log, Aug. 24 to 30
- Building Permits, City, August 2015
- HRV girls soccer looks to continue its winning ways
- Sports Briefs for Sept. 5
- Young team, playoff dreams for HRV volleyball
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge