Friday, October 19, 2012
The Cascade Locks Joint Work Group on Economic Development meets Oct. 25 at 7 p.m. at City Hall.
Bruce Sorte will deliver his final report on the economic impact of the proposed Nestlé plant in Cascade Locks. Copies of the final report will be distributed at the meeting, and the committee will hear a presentation by Oregon Department of Transportation regarding grant opportunities for acquiring WaNaPa Street.
Interim City Administrator Paul Koch said, “There is the potential for the city to own and maintain WaNaPa Street.”
The committee will also discuss a draft list of proposed efforts to work with the Gorge Commission to enhance economic development.
The draft list of potential ideas was prepared during a recent summit between city officials from Cascade Locks, Stevenson and North Bonneville. Mayor Lance Masters will also report on the meeting with the Gorge Commission and the results of that effort.
The Cascade Locks Downtown Revitalization Committee meets Tuesday, Oct. 23 at 7 p.m. at City Hall. The committee is a partnership of the city and local businesses and other agencies.
The community is welcome to attend.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: ‘Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead’ at CCA
- HR County Library District holds annual Unity Picnic to celebrate diversity, reading
- YESTERYEARS: Hood River pool facing possible closure in 1987
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 23
- ANOTHER VOICE: Call on Gorge Commission to take a stand on coal transport pollution
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 23 edition
- Lions Fundraiser ‘Applerama’ in danger of cancellation
- The Ale List: Full Sail and Harrington team up with Red Ale
- ‘Sketchbook Project’ invites conversation
- poTENtial series continues at Center for Arts
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge