Friday, October 19, 2012
The Cascade Locks Joint Work Group on Economic Development meets Oct. 25 at 7 p.m. at City Hall.
Bruce Sorte will deliver his final report on the economic impact of the proposed Nestlé plant in Cascade Locks. Copies of the final report will be distributed at the meeting, and the committee will hear a presentation by Oregon Department of Transportation regarding grant opportunities for acquiring WaNaPa Street.
Interim City Administrator Paul Koch said, “There is the potential for the city to own and maintain WaNaPa Street.”
The committee will also discuss a draft list of proposed efforts to work with the Gorge Commission to enhance economic development.
The draft list of potential ideas was prepared during a recent summit between city officials from Cascade Locks, Stevenson and North Bonneville. Mayor Lance Masters will also report on the meeting with the Gorge Commission and the results of that effort.
The Cascade Locks Downtown Revitalization Committee meets Tuesday, Oct. 23 at 7 p.m. at City Hall. The committee is a partnership of the city and local businesses and other agencies.
The community is welcome to attend.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge