Friday, October 19, 2012
CSRT Hoedown fundraiser Saturday
Celebrating its 35th season, the Cooper Spur Race Team is preparing for its annual Hoedown fundraiser dinner, auction and evening of all-around shenanigans, complete with live music and a mechanical bull. The 21-and-over event is Oct. 20, 7-11 p.m. at Springhouse Cellar. Tickets are $35 each, available at the door or in advance at Columbia Gorge Title, Waucoma Bookstore or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hall of Fame night, Booster club fundraiser Oct. 26
Join Hood River Valley Booster Club and the newest inductees into the Hood River Valley High School Hall of Fame on Oct. 26 for an evening of socializing and high school football. Activities will begin before the HRV vs. The Dalles-Wahtonka football game with a barbecue fundraiser for the HRV Booster Club, which provides funding for sports programs and clubs, the annual Luau, the senior all-night party and more. The barbecue will start at 6 p.m. at the football field. A silent auction with handmade desserts will also be held that night at the Eagle’s Nest for the same fundraising purposes.
More like this story
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- How does July 4, 2016, Stack Up?
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge