Monday, October 22, 2012
Umbrella Falls cascades through a fresh blanket of snow on the side of Mount Hood. The waterfall isn't far from Mt. Hood Meadows Ski Area, which is reporting more than a foot of snow at its base area. A boots-on-the-ground test Sunday afternoon verified that measurement.
Photo of the Day: October 2012
Photos of the Day for October 2012
More like this story
- Into the thick of 'thinning'
- Hood River School Board okays bond request
- What's going on for Valentine's and President's Day?
- Cascade Locks Port will rebuild historic engine building
- Gorge Foundation gains major donation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 13
- Arts center celebrates 10 years with free Kick-Off Party
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 13
- Editorial: Pool Queue
- City Council approves ‘symbolic’ step on gun control