Tuesday, October 23, 2012
Gorge Health Connect Inc. sponsors an Electronic Health Record workshop for healthcare students, workforce and caregivers of the Mid Columbia region on Oct. 27.
Topics to be covered include history of modern healthcare and technology, health information (IT) privacy and security, financial incentives for the use of health IT, documentation practices, patient safety and more.
Students will practice skills in role-based activities such as clinician, nurse and medical assistant, using an actual electronic health record.
Student progress will be assessed through multiple-choice self- assessments.
The workshop will be at The Dalles Campus of Columbia Gorge Community College. Contact CGCC to register. Cost is $59; limited scholarships are available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Parkdale Pumpkin parade, fun run Oct. 29
- HR artist crafts White Salmon sign
- Three appeals filed on UP’s Mosier track project
- Search suspended for west Gorge hiker
- Yesteryears: Trailer-house colony plan to ease housing shortage abandoned in 1946
- Police Log, Oct. 1 to 8
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 26
- ‘Remember Minoru’: Hood River community honors a civil rights hero
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 26
- The Ale List: pFriem ranks tops in Oregonian brewery list
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge