Tuesday, October 23, 2012
Gorge Health Connect Inc. sponsors an Electronic Health Record workshop for healthcare students, workforce and caregivers of the Mid Columbia region on Oct. 27.
Topics to be covered include history of modern healthcare and technology, health information (IT) privacy and security, financial incentives for the use of health IT, documentation practices, patient safety and more.
Students will practice skills in role-based activities such as clinician, nurse and medical assistant, using an actual electronic health record.
Student progress will be assessed through multiple-choice self- assessments.
The workshop will be at The Dalles Campus of Columbia Gorge Community College. Contact CGCC to register. Cost is $59; limited scholarships are available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge