Friday, October 26, 2012
Rep. Greg Walden recently told press-representatives that if re-elected in November he intends to seek the chairmanship of the National Republican Congressional Committee.
The Oct. 24 printed edition of the Hood River News erroneously identified the organization of which Rep. Walden sought chairmanship. The text below reflects the correction.
According to Andrew Malcolm, Walden’s press secretary, “Rep. Walden enjoys what he is doing for the people in the 2nd District. He also believes that being involved in an elected leadership position will make him more effective.”
The NRCC is a political committee that provides leadership for the Republican Party at the national level. The organization supports the election of Republicans to the House through direct financial contributions to candidates and Republican Party organizations; technical and research assistance to Republican candidates and Party organizations; voter registration, education and turnout programs; and other Party-building activities.
“He’d rather be on the court calling the shots than on the bench,” said Malcolm, who noted that Walden does not have information on any potential competitors for the position. However, said Malcolm, “Rep. Walden never takes anything for granted. He will be asking for his colleagues’ support after the elections.”
“The essential mission of the NRCC is to retain the majority for the House,” said Malcolm.
When asked how the position would affect Walden’s ability to maintain his current activities within the district, Malcolm said, “He would still keep all of his commitments. He never forgets the people of the 2nd District; serving them is his most important job.”
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge