Friday, October 26, 2012
HRV volleyball is into the playoffs by the skin of its teeth.
Heading into the final weekend of matches the Eagles are ranked No. 23 in the OSAA 5A rankings. The top 24 teams advance to the playoffs, with teams 9-24 competing in a play-in round for a state playoff spot.
At one point earlier in the week the Eagles were ranked No. 24 after beating The Dalles-Wahtonka 3-0 in their final regular season match, but moved up one spot in the power rankings due the results of other games.
One game is left on the 5A slate this weekend: No. 26 Dallas vs. No. 17 Crescent Valley, a game which could affect the rankings of the season opponents of those teams.
One of those opponents is Silverton, which is currently ranked No. 24, four points back of HRV.
The one thing the Eagles do know is that they will be on the road for the playoffs. The big question is where. Possibilities include Lebanon, Liberty or South Albany.
The game will be Tuesday to set up the first round state bracket on Saturday, Nov. 3.
The Eagles finish the regular season 10-0 overall, 7-5 in league and in second place in the Columbia River Conference.
More like this story
- Vandalized sign prompts security precautions at CL School Friday
- Death Notices for Oct. 1: Jack Stone, Jack Stone, Viola Wells, and Gerald Culp
- Service Announcement for Oct. 1: Calvin Peck
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge