Friday, October 26, 2012
HRV volleyball is into the playoffs by the skin of its teeth.
Heading into the final weekend of matches the Eagles are ranked No. 23 in the OSAA 5A rankings. The top 24 teams advance to the playoffs, with teams 9-24 competing in a play-in round for a state playoff spot.
At one point earlier in the week the Eagles were ranked No. 24 after beating The Dalles-Wahtonka 3-0 in their final regular season match, but moved up one spot in the power rankings due the results of other games.
One game is left on the 5A slate this weekend: No. 26 Dallas vs. No. 17 Crescent Valley, a game which could affect the rankings of the season opponents of those teams.
One of those opponents is Silverton, which is currently ranked No. 24, four points back of HRV.
The one thing the Eagles do know is that they will be on the road for the playoffs. The big question is where. Possibilities include Lebanon, Liberty or South Albany.
The game will be Tuesday to set up the first round state bracket on Saturday, Nov. 3.
The Eagles finish the regular season 10-0 overall, 7-5 in league and in second place in the Columbia River Conference.
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- How does July 4, 2016, Stack Up?
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
- Fire season is here: enjoy yourself, safely and legally
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge