Friday, October 26, 2012
HRV volleyball is into the playoffs by the skin of its teeth.
Heading into the final weekend of matches the Eagles are ranked No. 23 in the OSAA 5A rankings. The top 24 teams advance to the playoffs, with teams 9-24 competing in a play-in round for a state playoff spot.
At one point earlier in the week the Eagles were ranked No. 24 after beating The Dalles-Wahtonka 3-0 in their final regular season match, but moved up one spot in the power rankings due the results of other games.
One game is left on the 5A slate this weekend: No. 26 Dallas vs. No. 17 Crescent Valley, a game which could affect the rankings of the season opponents of those teams.
One of those opponents is Silverton, which is currently ranked No. 24, four points back of HRV.
The one thing the Eagles do know is that they will be on the road for the playoffs. The big question is where. Possibilities include Lebanon, Liberty or South Albany.
The game will be Tuesday to set up the first round state bracket on Saturday, Nov. 3.
The Eagles finish the regular season 10-0 overall, 7-5 in league and in second place in the Columbia River Conference.
More like this story
- Varsity volleyball rivalry goes the way of the Eagles
- HRV baseball’s sweet season gets the cherry on top with a win over TD
- Eagle volleyball 1-1 in this week’s league action
- Hood River Valley volleyball in position to host play-in after split
- Ben's Babbles: In the playoffs, craziness can, and should, happen
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
- Sheriff's Log, Aug. 23 to 30
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge