Friday, October 26, 2012
Gorge Youth Tackle Football League action wrapped up last weekend with the league championship tournament in Goldendale. The league consists of two age groups with teams from throughout the Gorge. In the 3rd-4th grade league, the championship game came down to two Hood River teams fighting for the title after beating teams from The Dalles, White Salmon, Stevenson and Goldendale.
In cold and windy conditions, Team Frazier (coached by Justin Frazier) edged out Team Buckley (coached by Jeff Buckley) for the 12-0 win to take the title. Emilio Castaneda is credited with rushing for both touchdowns in the game. Frazier gave credit to the kids for working hard all season and to parents and assistant coaches for all their support.
Players are (not in order): Henry Buckles, Emilo Castaneda, Dusty Dodge, Spencer Erspamer, Joey Frazier, Ryder Green, Jordan Green, Kaleb Hoover, Clark Coleman, Hunter Hough, Trenton Hughes, Julian Martinez, Aiden Nehls, Elijah Phelps, Zachary Revier, Ian Searcy, Josh Stewart, Nathan VanDooren, Reagan Vaughn, Riley Vaughn and Zach Wells and coaches Justin Frazier, Pete Hughes, Ricardo Castaneda and Jake Gilkerson.
More like this story
- Reader Photos: Enjoying the Eclipse
- Eclipse Scenes
- Pet of the Week: Roxy is happy, friendly girl
- ‘Walk with Ease’ starts in September
- ‘Terrific Tale of Thumbelina’ Aug. 25 at Arts Center
- Police Log, Aug. 7 to 13
- ‘Wheels of Hope’ nominations sought
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 19
- EDITOR’S NOTEBOOK: Two guys, one contested parking space, two police officers: one wonders
- Church News: St. Mary’s holds retirement party for Rev. Maag
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge