Friday, October 26, 2012
Gorge Youth Tackle Football League action wrapped up last weekend with the league championship tournament in Goldendale. The league consists of two age groups with teams from throughout the Gorge. In the 3rd-4th grade league, the championship game came down to two Hood River teams fighting for the title after beating teams from The Dalles, White Salmon, Stevenson and Goldendale.
In cold and windy conditions, Team Frazier (coached by Justin Frazier) edged out Team Buckley (coached by Jeff Buckley) for the 12-0 win to take the title. Emilio Castaneda is credited with rushing for both touchdowns in the game. Frazier gave credit to the kids for working hard all season and to parents and assistant coaches for all their support.
Players are (not in order): Henry Buckles, Emilo Castaneda, Dusty Dodge, Spencer Erspamer, Joey Frazier, Ryder Green, Jordan Green, Kaleb Hoover, Clark Coleman, Hunter Hough, Trenton Hughes, Julian Martinez, Aiden Nehls, Elijah Phelps, Zachary Revier, Ian Searcy, Josh Stewart, Nathan VanDooren, Reagan Vaughn, Riley Vaughn and Zach Wells and coaches Justin Frazier, Pete Hughes, Ricardo Castaneda and Jake Gilkerson.
More like this story
- HRV grad and track athlete Parker Kennedy recovering from freak javelin accident at USATF meet in Beaverton
- Bridge of the Gods local sticker effective Friday
- Police report burglaries
- Hood River Death Café meets July 9
- Windermere holds annual food drive
- Fresh Start begins class series for home cooks
- Beauchamps celebrate 58th anniversary
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge