Friday, October 26, 2012
Gorge Youth Tackle Football League action wrapped up last weekend with the league championship tournament in Goldendale. The league consists of two age groups with teams from throughout the Gorge. In the 3rd-4th grade league, the championship game came down to two Hood River teams fighting for the title after beating teams from The Dalles, White Salmon, Stevenson and Goldendale.
In cold and windy conditions, Team Frazier (coached by Justin Frazier) edged out Team Buckley (coached by Jeff Buckley) for the 12-0 win to take the title. Emilio Castaneda is credited with rushing for both touchdowns in the game. Frazier gave credit to the kids for working hard all season and to parents and assistant coaches for all their support.
Players are (not in order): Henry Buckles, Emilo Castaneda, Dusty Dodge, Spencer Erspamer, Joey Frazier, Ryder Green, Jordan Green, Kaleb Hoover, Clark Coleman, Hunter Hough, Trenton Hughes, Julian Martinez, Aiden Nehls, Elijah Phelps, Zachary Revier, Ian Searcy, Josh Stewart, Nathan VanDooren, Reagan Vaughn, Riley Vaughn and Zach Wells and coaches Justin Frazier, Pete Hughes, Ricardo Castaneda and Jake Gilkerson.
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge