Friday, October 26, 2012
Gorge Youth Tackle Football League action wrapped up last weekend with the league championship tournament in Goldendale. The league consists of two age groups with teams from throughout the Gorge. In the 3rd-4th grade league, the championship game came down to two Hood River teams fighting for the title after beating teams from The Dalles, White Salmon, Stevenson and Goldendale.
In cold and windy conditions, Team Frazier (coached by Justin Frazier) edged out Team Buckley (coached by Jeff Buckley) for the 12-0 win to take the title. Emilio Castaneda is credited with rushing for both touchdowns in the game. Frazier gave credit to the kids for working hard all season and to parents and assistant coaches for all their support.
Players are (not in order): Henry Buckles, Emilo Castaneda, Dusty Dodge, Spencer Erspamer, Joey Frazier, Ryder Green, Jordan Green, Kaleb Hoover, Clark Coleman, Hunter Hough, Trenton Hughes, Julian Martinez, Aiden Nehls, Elijah Phelps, Zachary Revier, Ian Searcy, Josh Stewart, Nathan VanDooren, Reagan Vaughn, Riley Vaughn and Zach Wells and coaches Justin Frazier, Pete Hughes, Ricardo Castaneda and Jake Gilkerson.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge