Friday, October 26, 2012
Horizon hosts soccer playoff match Monday
Horizon Christian, the regular season District 5-1A soccer champion, hosts a district playoff match at 3:30 p.m. Monday in Hood River.
Horizon (8-3-1 overall) plays City Christian. The winner of Monday’s match advances to the district championship match, 8 p.m. Friday at Hillsboro Stadium, to play the winner of Monday’s Crosshill Christian at Life Christian match. Monday’s losing teams play at 6 p.m. Friday in the third-place match in Hillsboro.
HRVHS ski swap Nov. 2-3
Mark your calendars for the annual Hood River Valley High School ski swap on Nov. 2-3. The event is a fundraiser for high school race and freestyle ski teams and is a way for the community to sell old gear and find great deals on new/used gear. Gear check-in is Nov. 2, 5-8:30 p.m.; sales follow Nov. 3 starting at 7:30 a.m. Early entry from 7-8:30 is $25 per person and entry after 9 a.m. is $5 per person. For more info email email@example.com.
CSRT registration open
Registration for Cooper Spur Race Team’s 2012-13 youth ski programs is now open. CSRT provides professional coaching for youth skiers ages 7-14 in alpine and freestyle/freeride disciplines. For more information or to register visit cooperspurraceteam.org.
Fall runs listed
Set your calendar for these fall run/walk events:
n Columbia Gorge Marathon is this Sunday. Kids events included. See columbiagorgemarathon.com for details.
n Pumpkin 5-mile trail run in North Bonneville Oct. 27. More information at columbiagorgerunningclub.com.
n Klickitat Trail half marathon and 5K Nov. 3. More information and registration at lyleactivitycenter.com.
n Stevenson Turkey Trot Nov. 22. More info at columbiagorgerunningclub.com.
n Hood River Turkey Trot 3K, 5K and 12K. More info at mosierschool.com.
More like this story
- Gorge quilters featured in area shows this summer and fall
- Entertainment Update for July 30
- ‘American Pickers’ seeks local troves
- Richard Tillinghast concert at library Aug 10
- Gorge Soup art grant applications due Aug. 20
- Elections 2016: Gudman talks state treasurer bid during Hood River visit
- Ways of the Wind: July weather a windfall
- ‘Officer Friendly’ Sergeant Jesse Flem retires after 30 years
- Summer construction closes roads in Mount Hood National Forest
- Chief Wells resigns from Fire Dept.
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge