Monday, October 29, 2012
High school sports playoffs hits full swing this week for local teams.
The HRV girls cross country team won the Columbia River Conference league title Saturday and will send the team to Lane Community College in Eugene this coming weekend.
The Hood River Valley football team won the Columbia River Conference Friday night and will face Rex Putnam in a play-in game Friday night at HRVHS.
The HRV boys soccer team plays at The Dalles Tuesday and can secure the league title with a win. The Eagles, as a top 8 ranked team, receive a bye into the state playoffs.
The HRV girls soccer team hosts The Dalles Tuesday and can clinch at least a share of the league title with a win. That game will be at 6 p.m. at Henderson Stadium.
The Eagle girls will play under the stadium lights again on Thursday when they host a play in game at Henderson stadium at 6 p.m .against a yet to be determined opponent.
The HRV volleyball team will play at (Update: Corvallis) Tuesday night in a play-in game. The winner will open the state playoffs on the road on Saturday.
The Horizon Christian Soccer team won its regular season district title, and opens its playoff run today at home at 3:30. With a win the Hawks will p lay for the district championship at 8 p.m. Friday at Hillsboro Stadium. With a loss they would play at 6 p.m. Friday in Hillsboro in a third-fourth place match.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Elks’ Oktoberfest returns Sept. 23
- Roots and Branches: There is no masking care
- YESTERYEARS: Odell Sanitation District opens bids for new plant in 1967
- Wy’east class of ’67 celebrates 50-year reunion
- Foster Parenting: Simple answers to a challenging task
- Success is one caring adult away
- Pet of the Week: Bojangles looking for an active family
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 20 edition
- ‘Overwhelming enthusiasm’: Community comes together for firefighters
- Parkhurst Place plans ‘thank you’ this week for fire first responders
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge