Monday, October 29, 2012
High school sports playoffs hits full swing this week for local teams.
The HRV girls cross country team won the Columbia River Conference league title Saturday and will send the team to Lane Community College in Eugene this coming weekend.
The Hood River Valley football team won the Columbia River Conference Friday night and will face Rex Putnam in a play-in game Friday night at HRVHS.
The HRV boys soccer team plays at The Dalles Tuesday and can secure the league title with a win. The Eagles, as a top 8 ranked team, receive a bye into the state playoffs.
The HRV girls soccer team hosts The Dalles Tuesday and can clinch at least a share of the league title with a win. That game will be at 6 p.m. at Henderson Stadium.
The Eagle girls will play under the stadium lights again on Thursday when they host a play in game at Henderson stadium at 6 p.m .against a yet to be determined opponent.
The HRV volleyball team will play at (Update: Corvallis) Tuesday night in a play-in game. The winner will open the state playoffs on the road on Saturday.
The Horizon Christian Soccer team won its regular season district title, and opens its playoff run today at home at 3:30. With a win the Hawks will p lay for the district championship at 8 p.m. Friday at Hillsboro Stadium. With a loss they would play at 6 p.m. Friday in Hillsboro in a third-fourth place match.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Westside forum July 26
- Fair Time: HOOD RIVER COUNTY FAIR — ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
- YESTERYEARS: ‘Lassie’ films in HR in 1947
- Daily Bread: Blame it on The Moon
- McAlexanders celebrate 50th anniversary
- Hood River Library hosts Death Café
- Police Log, July 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, July 16 to 22
- Biologists give mixed news for Columbia steelhead
- Pet of the Week: Charlie is happy and playful
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge