Tuesday, October 30, 2012
Cascade Locks business owners meet
Cascade Locks Downtown Business Association hosts a meeting on Nov. 6, open to all local business owners and operators, 5-6 p.m. at the Charburger Restaurant.
This is a chance to learn about the DRC, meet its officers and learn about upcoming issues and projects such as tourism training, a meeting with Gov. John Kitzhaber, the planned Sailing Summit and the proposed transfer of ownership of WaNaPa Avenue from the state to the city of Cascade Locks.
‘Friday Morning Gossip’ gets going
Nora’s Table Restaurant now sponsors “Friday Morning Gossip Hour,” a new community tradition started by chef and restaurant owner Kathy Watson.
The hour is a chance to get together with fellow community members — business owners, nonprofit leaders, government leaders and citizens — to discuss the biggest issues of the day.
Each Friday from 8-9 a.m., a different “Egghead” will moderate a discussion over coffee or no-host breakfast. This week’s egghead is Becky Brun of Gorge Owned Network.
Gorge Owned hosts anniversary event
Gorge Owned hosts a two-year anniversary event on Nov. 8 from 3:30-5:30 p.m. at The Pines Tasting Room at Second and State. For details see the GO Facebook page.
Hood River Chamber hosts events
Three events of note from the Chamber of Commerce:
n Business After Hours, Nov. 1 at Full Sail Brewing; the 5-7 p.m. networking event is open to the public.
n Lunch with the Chamber, Nov. 13 at Bette’s Place, 1-2 p.m., the last in the series.
This is a hosted lunch for chamber members; RSVP at 541-386-2000, ext. 227.
n Chamber Membership Meeting, 6 p.m., Nov. 14, Hood River Hotel; a prize basket will be offered in a drawing.
More like this story
- Death notices for Aug. 31: Robert Stratton and Dale Glasgow
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge