Tuesday, October 30, 2012
Cascade Locks business owners meet
Cascade Locks Downtown Business Association hosts a meeting on Nov. 6, open to all local business owners and operators, 5-6 p.m. at the Charburger Restaurant.
This is a chance to learn about the DRC, meet its officers and learn about upcoming issues and projects such as tourism training, a meeting with Gov. John Kitzhaber, the planned Sailing Summit and the proposed transfer of ownership of WaNaPa Avenue from the state to the city of Cascade Locks.
‘Friday Morning Gossip’ gets going
Nora’s Table Restaurant now sponsors “Friday Morning Gossip Hour,” a new community tradition started by chef and restaurant owner Kathy Watson.
The hour is a chance to get together with fellow community members — business owners, nonprofit leaders, government leaders and citizens — to discuss the biggest issues of the day.
Each Friday from 8-9 a.m., a different “Egghead” will moderate a discussion over coffee or no-host breakfast. This week’s egghead is Becky Brun of Gorge Owned Network.
Gorge Owned hosts anniversary event
Gorge Owned hosts a two-year anniversary event on Nov. 8 from 3:30-5:30 p.m. at The Pines Tasting Room at Second and State. For details see the GO Facebook page.
Hood River Chamber hosts events
Three events of note from the Chamber of Commerce:
n Business After Hours, Nov. 1 at Full Sail Brewing; the 5-7 p.m. networking event is open to the public.
n Lunch with the Chamber, Nov. 13 at Bette’s Place, 1-2 p.m., the last in the series.
This is a hosted lunch for chamber members; RSVP at 541-386-2000, ext. 227.
n Chamber Membership Meeting, 6 p.m., Nov. 14, Hood River Hotel; a prize basket will be offered in a drawing.
More like this story
- Biz notes: Cascade Acupuncture honored, Full sail releases 'Brewer Share,' Riverside resturant boosts kids programs
- ‘Get Wilder’ events serve one beloved beer-meister
- Business Noes May 23, 2012
- CL antique car show celebrates historical highway centennial
- HR launches inaugural ‘Music Month’ in February
- Letters to the Editor for June 21
- Another Voice: New legislation is win-win for community college students
- Fight leads to reported stabbing in Cascade Locks
- Former Hood River resident dies in wreck on I-84
- Columbia sturgeon season returns
- High Prairie Firehouse Sale back this weekend
- Roots and Branches: High energy children and the belief to succeed
- Entertainment Update for June 21
- Loretta and Patsy: Together Again
- Sports briefs for June 21
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge