Tuesday, October 30, 2012
The date and sponsor have been announced for the 16th annual Gala Fashion Show for the Hood River County Christmas Project.
The gala will be Nov. 16 at its usual venue, the Best Western Hood River Inn Gorge Room, starting at 7 p.m. Doors open at 6 p.m.
Cost will be $20 per ticket, available at participating merchants: Flow Yoga, Enchanted Alpaca, Lucy’s Informal Flowers; 5th Element Salon, Plenty, Doug’s Sports, Ananas Boutique, Foils Salon Day Spa, Parts+Labour, Melika, Columbia Laser Skin Center, Hood River Valley High School’s Future Fashionistas;
Salon Visio, bunny+pear, CAbi, Kerrits, Foundation 45, Sam Rodgers, The Local Animal.com, The Trunk Show.
In the fashion show itself, clothing and accessories from local merchants are modeled by local residents in a festive atmosphere, and local stylists and other professionals provide make-up, lighting and other performance assistance.
The Hood River County Christmas Project provides assistance with food and children’s gifts, during the Christmas holidays, to low-income families living within Hood River County.
This year will mark the 89th year of the program, which is based on community participation.
Approximately 504 families (2,127 men, women, and children) were registered in 2011 and were provided with food and toy assistance.
“Your involvement and generosity makes a difference and helps make Christmas special for these local families in need,” said Cathy Carter, gala founder.
More like this story
- YESTERYEARS: New Safeway store on Second and Cascade expected in 1947
- Pritchett, Haskins to wed
- Roots and Branches: Cherry Harvest
- Pick of the Week: Children’s Park public meeting July 20
- Travelogue: Panama
- Another Voice: Juntos program ‘critical to success of students in their education’
- Editor's Notebook: By George, one’s own name is a basic sweet spot in your sense of identity
- Letters to the Editor for July 19
- Another Voice: Preserve our agricultural heritage by making Tanner Ranch a park
- The comfort of quilts: Comfort Quilt Project underway at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge