Tuesday, October 30, 2012
The date and sponsor have been announced for the 16th annual Gala Fashion Show for the Hood River County Christmas Project.
The gala will be Nov. 16 at its usual venue, the Best Western Hood River Inn Gorge Room, starting at 7 p.m. Doors open at 6 p.m.
Cost will be $20 per ticket, available at participating merchants: Flow Yoga, Enchanted Alpaca, Lucy’s Informal Flowers; 5th Element Salon, Plenty, Doug’s Sports, Ananas Boutique, Foils Salon Day Spa, Parts+Labour, Melika, Columbia Laser Skin Center, Hood River Valley High School’s Future Fashionistas;
Salon Visio, bunny+pear, CAbi, Kerrits, Foundation 45, Sam Rodgers, The Local Animal.com, The Trunk Show.
In the fashion show itself, clothing and accessories from local merchants are modeled by local residents in a festive atmosphere, and local stylists and other professionals provide make-up, lighting and other performance assistance.
The Hood River County Christmas Project provides assistance with food and children’s gifts, during the Christmas holidays, to low-income families living within Hood River County.
This year will mark the 89th year of the program, which is based on community participation.
Approximately 504 families (2,127 men, women, and children) were registered in 2011 and were provided with food and toy assistance.
“Your involvement and generosity makes a difference and helps make Christmas special for these local families in need,” said Cathy Carter, gala founder.
More like this story
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
- Sheriff's Log, Aug. 23 to 30
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge