Tuesday, October 30, 2012
Subtitled “The Fight to Rescue American Healthcare,” the award-winning film will be shown at Andrew’s Skylight Theater in Hood River Nov. 2 through Nov. 6. The movie is rated PG-13 and start times vary. Call theater for details.
A question-answer session is scheduled after the Nov. 2 showing, led by Hood River physician Dr. Erin Martin;. Dr. Allen LaBerge, family physician at Northshore Medical Group, White Salmon; and Dr. Bonnie New of Columbia Gorge Health Care for All in Hood River.
“The film is a non-partisan viewpoint about what’s wrong and it offers a variety of ways to fix our national health care system,” said Martin, who recently opened TrueMed Institute in Hood River. She originally worked in Hood River as a physician at LaClinica del Carino.
Martin said the film assesses who has power in the health care industry and “what we can do to change it.”
One statement in the film, Martin said, is “there is a river of money flowing into a few pockets, and people who don’t want anything to change.” “Escape Fire,” directed by Susan Froemke and Matthew Heineman, premiered at the 2012 Sundance Festival and won best documentary and best director honors at the Newport Beach and Berkshire film festivals, respectively.
More like this story
- Into the thick of 'thinning'
- Hood River School Board okays bond request
- What's going on for Valentine's and President's Day?
- Cascade Locks Port will rebuild historic engine building
- Gorge Foundation gains major donation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 13
- Arts center celebrates 10 years with free Kick-Off Party
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 13
- Editorial: Pool Queue
- City Council approves ‘symbolic’ step on gun control