Tuesday, October 30, 2012
Subtitled “The Fight to Rescue American Healthcare,” the award-winning film will be shown at Andrew’s Skylight Theater in Hood River Nov. 2 through Nov. 6. The movie is rated PG-13 and start times vary. Call theater for details.
A question-answer session is scheduled after the Nov. 2 showing, led by Hood River physician Dr. Erin Martin;. Dr. Allen LaBerge, family physician at Northshore Medical Group, White Salmon; and Dr. Bonnie New of Columbia Gorge Health Care for All in Hood River.
“The film is a non-partisan viewpoint about what’s wrong and it offers a variety of ways to fix our national health care system,” said Martin, who recently opened TrueMed Institute in Hood River. She originally worked in Hood River as a physician at LaClinica del Carino.
Martin said the film assesses who has power in the health care industry and “what we can do to change it.”
One statement in the film, Martin said, is “there is a river of money flowing into a few pockets, and people who don’t want anything to change.” “Escape Fire,” directed by Susan Froemke and Matthew Heineman, premiered at the 2012 Sundance Festival and won best documentary and best director honors at the Newport Beach and Berkshire film festivals, respectively.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge