Tuesday, October 30, 2012
Veterans and former veterans and their immediate families will be offered a free class in driver safety during the month of November. The AARP is offering this free class in recognition of their service to our country.
This two day, free class will be at Down Manor, 1950 Sterling Place, Hood River, on Nov. 7-8 from 5:15-9:15 p.m. A second class will be at the same location Nov. 14-15 from 11:15-3:15 p.m. To register, call 541-386-2055. The classes are open to the public, with a modest fee for non-veterans.
There is no road testing and no required testing for this class, which emphasizes changes which occur as we age, and strategies to deal with these as well as the newest information on driving rules from the State of Oregon. Aimed primarily for drivers in the 50 and over age group, this course is of value to any age group. Drivers 55 and older from Oregon may be eligible to receive an automobile insurance discount upon completion of the course.
A third free class will be held in The Dalles Nov. 19-20 in the Mid Columbia Senior Center, 1112 W. Ninth, from 8:45-12:15 p.m. To register, call 541-296-4788. Again, the class is open to the public, with a modest fee for non-veterans.
More like this story
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
- Fire season is here: enjoy yourself, safely and legally
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge