Tuesday, October 30, 2012
Veterans and former veterans and their immediate families will be offered a free class in driver safety during the month of November. The AARP is offering this free class in recognition of their service to our country.
This two day, free class will be at Down Manor, 1950 Sterling Place, Hood River, on Nov. 7-8 from 5:15-9:15 p.m. A second class will be at the same location Nov. 14-15 from 11:15-3:15 p.m. To register, call 541-386-2055. The classes are open to the public, with a modest fee for non-veterans.
There is no road testing and no required testing for this class, which emphasizes changes which occur as we age, and strategies to deal with these as well as the newest information on driving rules from the State of Oregon. Aimed primarily for drivers in the 50 and over age group, this course is of value to any age group. Drivers 55 and older from Oregon may be eligible to receive an automobile insurance discount upon completion of the course.
A third free class will be held in The Dalles Nov. 19-20 in the Mid Columbia Senior Center, 1112 W. Ninth, from 8:45-12:15 p.m. To register, call 541-296-4788. Again, the class is open to the public, with a modest fee for non-veterans.
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Updated: Body of missing paddle boarder found in Columbia River
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge