Tuesday, October 30, 2012
Veterans and former veterans and their immediate families will be offered a free class in driver safety during the month of November. The AARP is offering this free class in recognition of their service to our country.
This two day, free class will be at Down Manor, 1950 Sterling Place, Hood River, on Nov. 7-8 from 5:15-9:15 p.m. A second class will be at the same location Nov. 14-15 from 11:15-3:15 p.m. To register, call 541-386-2055. The classes are open to the public, with a modest fee for non-veterans.
There is no road testing and no required testing for this class, which emphasizes changes which occur as we age, and strategies to deal with these as well as the newest information on driving rules from the State of Oregon. Aimed primarily for drivers in the 50 and over age group, this course is of value to any age group. Drivers 55 and older from Oregon may be eligible to receive an automobile insurance discount upon completion of the course.
A third free class will be held in The Dalles Nov. 19-20 in the Mid Columbia Senior Center, 1112 W. Ninth, from 8:45-12:15 p.m. To register, call 541-296-4788. Again, the class is open to the public, with a modest fee for non-veterans.
More like this story
- Service announcements for Oct. 29: Jennifer Ringlbauer and Bertha Gallagher
- Death notices for Oct. 29: Mary Hoyt and Manuel Zamudio
- Parkdale Pumpkin parade, fun run Oct. 29
- HR artist crafts White Salmon sign
- Three appeals filed on UP’s Mosier track project
- Search suspended for west Gorge hiker
- Yesteryears: Trailer-house colony plan to ease housing shortage abandoned in 1946
- Police Log, Oct. 1 to 8
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 26
- ‘Remember Minoru’: Hood River community honors a civil rights hero
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge