Tuesday, October 30, 2012
Ginger Swanson, a broker with Windermere/Glenn Taylor Real Estate, has been named the Realtor of the Year by the Mid-Columbia Association of Realtors. Swanson, who is licensed in both Oregon and Washington, works out of the company’s offices in Hood River, Bingen and Stevenson.
A committee of MCAR board officers, former recipients and current association members selected Swanson for the Realtor of the Year award, which is based on community involvement, volunteerism, high ethical standards of practice and service in the local association. Last year, Kim Salvesen, owner of Windermere/Glenn Taylor, received this award.
“I’m honored to be Realtor of the Year. I love my job and I love to help people. Being a Realtor is enjoyable, as well as challenging at times,” said Swanson. “I would like to share this honor with all of my colleagues who work just as hard as I do.”
Swanson has served on the MCAR board for the past two years. She has also been an active member in the International Soroptimist of Mount Adams club for the past eight years.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge