Tuesday, October 30, 2012
Ginger Swanson, a broker with Windermere/Glenn Taylor Real Estate, has been named the Realtor of the Year by the Mid-Columbia Association of Realtors. Swanson, who is licensed in both Oregon and Washington, works out of the company’s offices in Hood River, Bingen and Stevenson.
A committee of MCAR board officers, former recipients and current association members selected Swanson for the Realtor of the Year award, which is based on community involvement, volunteerism, high ethical standards of practice and service in the local association. Last year, Kim Salvesen, owner of Windermere/Glenn Taylor, received this award.
“I’m honored to be Realtor of the Year. I love my job and I love to help people. Being a Realtor is enjoyable, as well as challenging at times,” said Swanson. “I would like to share this honor with all of my colleagues who work just as hard as I do.”
Swanson has served on the MCAR board for the past two years. She has also been an active member in the International Soroptimist of Mount Adams club for the past eight years.
More like this story
- Reader Photos: Enjoying the Eclipse
- Eclipse Scenes
- Pet of the Week: Roxy is happy, friendly girl
- ‘Walk with Ease’ starts in September
- ‘Terrific Tale of Thumbelina’ Aug. 25 at Arts Center
- Police Log, Aug. 7 to 13
- ‘Wheels of Hope’ nominations sought
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 19
- EDITOR’S NOTEBOOK: Two guys, one contested parking space, two police officers: one wonders
- Church News: St. Mary’s holds retirement party for Rev. Maag
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge