Tuesday, October 30, 2012
A new service is being provided by Opportunity Connections that will help your employees offer better customer service to people with disabilities.
People with disabilities are your co-workers, customers and neighbors here in the Gorge. When a person with a disability comes into your place of business or organization, are your employees or volunteers comfortable communicating with that person?
If the answer is, “I’m not sure,” then this free one-hour training is just what you need to empower them to offer better customer service.
The training includes the fun and humorous video, “The Ten Commandments of Communicating with People with Disabilities,” which explains disability etiquette 101.
“There is a normal feeling of fear when approaching a customer with a disability that you will say something offensive,” says instructor Katie Maples. “This training can give anyone the confidence they need to speak up and make connections.
“It’s a win-win situation when we can experience diversity everywhere in our community,” said Maples, job developer with Opportunity Connections.
For details, call Maples at 541-38-0895 or 541-386-3520 to schedule a free training.
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Walmart sells 16.3 acres to Ryan’s Juice
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge