Tuesday, October 30, 2012
A new service is being provided by Opportunity Connections that will help your employees offer better customer service to people with disabilities.
People with disabilities are your co-workers, customers and neighbors here in the Gorge. When a person with a disability comes into your place of business or organization, are your employees or volunteers comfortable communicating with that person?
If the answer is, “I’m not sure,” then this free one-hour training is just what you need to empower them to offer better customer service.
The training includes the fun and humorous video, “The Ten Commandments of Communicating with People with Disabilities,” which explains disability etiquette 101.
“There is a normal feeling of fear when approaching a customer with a disability that you will say something offensive,” says instructor Katie Maples. “This training can give anyone the confidence they need to speak up and make connections.
“It’s a win-win situation when we can experience diversity everywhere in our community,” said Maples, job developer with Opportunity Connections.
For details, call Maples at 541-38-0895 or 541-386-3520 to schedule a free training.
More like this story
- Service announcement for Nov. 25
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge