Saturday, September 8, 2012
A memorial service for Dr. James Nathaniel Stoller, of The Dalles, who died Aug. 25, 2012, will be held Saturday, Sept. 8, at Gateway Presbyterian Church, 1111 Dry Hollow Road, The Dalles, beginning at 4 p.m.
James was born March 6, 1976, in Sonoma, Calif., to Marvin and Linda Stoller.
John Thomas Short, 90, passed away Sept. 6, 2012, at the Hood River Care Center in Hood River, Ore. John was born May 5, 1922.
Services are pending with arrangements under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit www.andersonstribute-center.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
Charles ‘Slim’ Woody
Lloyd Charles “Slim” Woody died in Oak Harbor, Wash., July 24, 2012. He was born Apr. 28, 1928, in Hood River, Ore.
Services will be held Sept. 18, 1:15 p.m., at Tahoma National Cemetery in Kent, Wash., 18600 S.E. 240th St.
Kenneth Dean Gibbons passed away Sept. 6, 2012, at his home in Mesa, Ariz. Services in Mosier are pending.
Survivors include his sister, Glenna McCargar, of Mosier.
A full obituary will appear in a future edition of the News.
More like this story
- Cider Central: Cider Café opens, ’Gorge Society’ rebrands
- HR Library hosts Songwriters in the Round Sept. 16
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 5
- Labor Day: Drive with care, and take a moment to honor workers who can’t take a break
- Editor's Notebook: Will guards’ new disdain cancel refugees tickets’ aboard today’s European train?
- Police Log, Aug. 24 to 30
- Building Permits, City, August 2015
- HRV girls soccer looks to continue its winning ways
- Sports Briefs for Sept. 5
- Young team, playoff dreams for HRV volleyball
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge