Saturday, September 8, 2012
A memorial service for Dr. James Nathaniel Stoller, of The Dalles, who died Aug. 25, 2012, will be held Saturday, Sept. 8, at Gateway Presbyterian Church, 1111 Dry Hollow Road, The Dalles, beginning at 4 p.m.
James was born March 6, 1976, in Sonoma, Calif., to Marvin and Linda Stoller.
John Thomas Short, 90, passed away Sept. 6, 2012, at the Hood River Care Center in Hood River, Ore. John was born May 5, 1922.
Services are pending with arrangements under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit www.andersonstribute-center.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
Charles ‘Slim’ Woody
Lloyd Charles “Slim” Woody died in Oak Harbor, Wash., July 24, 2012. He was born Apr. 28, 1928, in Hood River, Ore.
Services will be held Sept. 18, 1:15 p.m., at Tahoma National Cemetery in Kent, Wash., 18600 S.E. 240th St.
Kenneth Dean Gibbons passed away Sept. 6, 2012, at his home in Mesa, Ariz. Services in Mosier are pending.
Survivors include his sister, Glenna McCargar, of Mosier.
A full obituary will appear in a future edition of the News.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge