Saturday, September 8, 2012
A memorial service for Dr. James Nathaniel Stoller, of The Dalles, who died Aug. 25, 2012, will be held Saturday, Sept. 8, at Gateway Presbyterian Church, 1111 Dry Hollow Road, The Dalles, beginning at 4 p.m.
James was born March 6, 1976, in Sonoma, Calif., to Marvin and Linda Stoller.
John Thomas Short, 90, passed away Sept. 6, 2012, at the Hood River Care Center in Hood River, Ore. John was born May 5, 1922.
Services are pending with arrangements under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit www.andersonstribute-center.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
Charles ‘Slim’ Woody
Lloyd Charles “Slim” Woody died in Oak Harbor, Wash., July 24, 2012. He was born Apr. 28, 1928, in Hood River, Ore.
Services will be held Sept. 18, 1:15 p.m., at Tahoma National Cemetery in Kent, Wash., 18600 S.E. 240th St.
Kenneth Dean Gibbons passed away Sept. 6, 2012, at his home in Mesa, Ariz. Services in Mosier are pending.
Survivors include his sister, Glenna McCargar, of Mosier.
A full obituary will appear in a future edition of the News.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Elks’ Oktoberfest returns Sept. 23
- Roots and Branches: There is no masking care
- YESTERYEARS: Odell Sanitation District opens bids for new plant in 1967
- Wy’east class of ’67 celebrates 50-year reunion
- Foster Parenting: Simple answers to a challenging task
- Success is one caring adult away
- Pet of the Week: Bojangles looking for an active family
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 20 edition
- ‘Overwhelming enthusiasm’: Community comes together for firefighters
- Parkhurst Place plans ‘thank you’ this week for fire first responders
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge