Tuesday, September 11, 2012
Our photo of the day for September 11, 2012:
At the headwaters of the West Fork, Ryan Gerstenberger, Confederated Tribes of Warm Spring fish biologist, walks upstream looking for signs of spring chinook salmon spawning. On this day he located 16 new spawning nests, called redds, 11 carcasses and 15 live chinook in about a mile stretch of the river. See the Sept. 12 Kaleidoscope, page B1, for the story.
Photo gallery: Photos of the Day September 2012
Photos of the day for September 2012
Taken at the headwaters of the West Fork of the Hood River with a Nikon D300s on September 6, 2012. Photo was taken on manual control mode at f/3.8, ISO at 1000 at 40mm focal length.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge