Wednesday, September 12, 2012
County Administrator David Meriwether is in the running for the Deschutes County Administrator position.
According to reports from KTVZ in Bend, Meriwether is a finalist for the position, which has been filled on an interim bases since August 2011, when Dave Kanner was fired.
Erik Cropp is the interim county administrator for Deschutes County.
Meriwether has served as county administrator in Hood River County since June of 2001, having previously worked as a city administrator for Silverton and in Arkansas.
Meriwether said he applied for the position because “it appears to be an excellent opportunity for both myself and my professional development and for my family.”
Meriwether said he is happy in Hood River and that applying for the Deschutes County position does not reflect any unhappiness in his current job.
“We’re very happy here and have been a part of this community for a lot of years,” he said.
n The County Commission had been scheduled to take up a discussion on the NORCOR funding measures reached by the NORCOR board last month, but Rivers and Meriwether said that some of the language and provisions for what would happen should a county encounter significant financial hardship not yet been formally agreed upon by the other counties. They were both concerned that cracks may be starting to show in the already fragile agreement. “Judge Crowley may want to go visit those folks because it could be the undoing of the resolution,” Rivers said.
More like this story
- Sports Briefs for July 27
- Service announcements for July 27: Ada Redlock, Douglas Warnock, Betty Akiyama and Virginia Phillips
- Death notice for July 27: Scott Bauer
- Peters and Lassila engaged
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge