Saturday, September 15, 2012
Hood River’s first Rural Rampage Bike Challenge fundraiser/hybrid adventure race took place last weekend based out of Hood River Middle School. The event featured an 11-mile course and five different challenge stages. Adult/child pairs biked the course and completed the challenges in a fastest-duo-wins format.
The first across the finish line was the father/son team of Terry and Arthur Finstad. They got the glory but none of the reward because they are related to one of the race organizers. So, with the Finstads removed from the podium on a technicality, the top three teams were all father/daughter duos. Barry and Lily Paul took first, closely followed in second place by Dave and Emma Ouzounian. Joe and Daisy Dolan took third.
Second place finisher, Dave Ouzounian said, “Great fun. When can I sign up for next year?”
The event was a fundraiser for Hood River Middle School and Hood River Valley High School programs. Organizers expect its return next September.
More like this story
- UPDATE: Southeast Mt. Hood fire grows to 60 acres
- Service announcement for Oct. 10
- Death notices for Oct. 7
- HRV’s House: Henderson Community Stadium celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Gorge Soup adds ‘Visual Arts’ event
- Mosqueda, Weber wed in railside ceremony
- Helicopter photos: Graves, Krenz marry
- Clark, Engel marry in Pine Grove
- All you need is ... to come on the Magical History Tour
- Yesteryears: Lower valley apple harvest in full swing in 1945
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge