Saturday, September 15, 2012
Hood River’s first Rural Rampage Bike Challenge fundraiser/hybrid adventure race took place last weekend based out of Hood River Middle School. The event featured an 11-mile course and five different challenge stages. Adult/child pairs biked the course and completed the challenges in a fastest-duo-wins format.
The first across the finish line was the father/son team of Terry and Arthur Finstad. They got the glory but none of the reward because they are related to one of the race organizers. So, with the Finstads removed from the podium on a technicality, the top three teams were all father/daughter duos. Barry and Lily Paul took first, closely followed in second place by Dave and Emma Ouzounian. Joe and Daisy Dolan took third.
Second place finisher, Dave Ouzounian said, “Great fun. When can I sign up for next year?”
The event was a fundraiser for Hood River Middle School and Hood River Valley High School programs. Organizers expect its return next September.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge