Saturday, September 15, 2012
Hood River’s first Rural Rampage Bike Challenge fundraiser/hybrid adventure race took place last weekend based out of Hood River Middle School. The event featured an 11-mile course and five different challenge stages. Adult/child pairs biked the course and completed the challenges in a fastest-duo-wins format.
The first across the finish line was the father/son team of Terry and Arthur Finstad. They got the glory but none of the reward because they are related to one of the race organizers. So, with the Finstads removed from the podium on a technicality, the top three teams were all father/daughter duos. Barry and Lily Paul took first, closely followed in second place by Dave and Emma Ouzounian. Joe and Daisy Dolan took third.
Second place finisher, Dave Ouzounian said, “Great fun. When can I sign up for next year?”
The event was a fundraiser for Hood River Middle School and Hood River Valley High School programs. Organizers expect its return next September.
More like this story
- Library Tree
- Yesteryears: Phase one of new skate park slated to begin in September 1996
- Around the Gorge: Genealogy and more scheduled for Gorge-area venues
- ‘Rock, Paper, Scissors’ Friday
- Archers urged beware of fire dangers, note new regulations
- Idlewilde Cemetery ‘residents’ are not forgotten, thanks to Cemetery Tales
- Roots and Branches: Drums, song carry Minoru Yasui’s message forward
- Washington responders to get notice of oil train shipments
- Oregon Poet Laureate advising Celilo Park project
- Historic Highway trail piece opens Sept. 24
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge