Saturday, September 15, 2012
Hood River’s first Rural Rampage Bike Challenge fundraiser/hybrid adventure race took place last weekend based out of Hood River Middle School. The event featured an 11-mile course and five different challenge stages. Adult/child pairs biked the course and completed the challenges in a fastest-duo-wins format.
The first across the finish line was the father/son team of Terry and Arthur Finstad. They got the glory but none of the reward because they are related to one of the race organizers. So, with the Finstads removed from the podium on a technicality, the top three teams were all father/daughter duos. Barry and Lily Paul took first, closely followed in second place by Dave and Emma Ouzounian. Joe and Daisy Dolan took third.
Second place finisher, Dave Ouzounian said, “Great fun. When can I sign up for next year?”
The event was a fundraiser for Hood River Middle School and Hood River Valley High School programs. Organizers expect its return next September.
More like this story
- Fireworks: ‘Keep it safe, keep it legal’
- Youth mobile nutrition program returns at two Hood River locations
- County board slates $200K in Windmaster Plan for Airport
- ‘Stick to the Westside plan’
- Letters to the Editor for June 28
- Math in a Basket: a second grade teacher sees the connections
- Public Records: Building Records
- Find Your Park
- YESTERYEARS ‘Capacity crowd’ fills Hood River High School auditorium for Flag Day in 1947
- HRVST Osprey swimmers post state-qualifying times at Howard Jones invitationals in Gresham
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge