Thursday, September 20, 2012
Take a hike: Late summer is a perfect time to visit this majestic trail and mountain lake. Temperatures are cool, crowds are gone for the season and the area is carpeted with delicious huckleberries. Don't know where this is? Check the Hood River News Facebook page to find out.
Photo info: Taken Sept. 17 on Nikon D300s at 1000 ISO at f/2.8.
Photo gallery: Photos of the Day September 2012
Photos of the day for September 2012
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge