Saturday, September 22, 2012
James ‘Jim’ Smith
James Edward Smith — “ Jim” — passed away Sept. 20, 2012, in Hood River, Ore.
Jim was born July 17, 1930, in McLean, Texas, to Ernest and Mammie Smith.
Jim was 82 years of age. Jim was greatly loved and will be greatly missed. Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center 1401 Belmont Avenue, Hood River, OR 97031.
To leave a note of condolence for the family, visit www.Andersonstributecen-ter.com.
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Gorge Owned presents ‘Glacier Caves of the Pacific Northwest’
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge