Saturday, September 22, 2012
The Dalles City Police Department is still actively investigating the death of Scott Erlenbush.
This incident occurred on Aug. 24 at approximately 9:46 p.m. in the 100 block of W. 2nd Street in The Dalles.
Erlenbush was seen in a gold car that looks similar to the vehicle pictured (on page A11) approximately 15 minutes before his death. A sketch was made of a currently unknown person of interest that was operating this vehicle.
It is requested that anyone who may have any information regarding this incident contact Detective Sean Lundry of The Dalles City Police Department at 541-296-2613 and/or Crime Stoppers of Oregon.
Crime Stoppers is offering a cash reward of up to $1,000 for information, reported to Crime Stoppers, that leads to an arrest in this case. Callers can remain anonymous.
Leave a Crime Stoppers tip at www.crimestoppersoforegon.com.
Ehrlenbush’s was the first of two homicides in The Dalles within the space of about two weeks.
Carlos Alberto Medina, 20, the suspect in the Sept. 9 death of Mark Anthony Labonte, 20, turned himself in at the regional jail Sept. 13, ending a four-day search by law enforcement agencies in The Dalles.
A warrant was issued for Medina’s arrest Sept. 12 after detectives failed to locate him for questioning at home or any of the usual places he was known to frequent. He is the single suspect in the Labonte homicide and has been charged with second-degree manslaughter.
Wasco County Circuit Judge Janet Stauffer has set Medina’s bail at $1 million cash.
More like this story
- Death notices for Oct. 22: Ellyn Kane, George Kimball, Kenneth Leibham and Barbara Pink
- Service Announcements for Oct. 22: Louise Neitch and Betty Johnson
- Yesteryears: Cooper’s Spur Road completed in 1926
- ‘Age of Dignity’ discussion series starts Oct. 22
- Advocacy Center holds fundraiser Oct. 22
- Roots and Branches: Find and use your tools
- Columbia Gorge Peace Village hosts film
- WS Library holds ‘Boys in the Boat’ talk Oct. 22
- Gorge receives national honor this weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 19
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge