Tuesday, April 2, 2013
It’s trail season, and the Hood River Area Trail Stewards and Hood River County Forestry are planning a few early-season work parties for Northwest Area Trail System. Below are details.
For more information on these and other trail activity, see www.hrats.org.
April 13: Hood River County Forester Doug Thiesies and HRATS are teaming up for a tree planting party in the Seven Streams riparian zone. Replanting of this parcel is scheduled for spring 2014, but this is an opportunity to replant along the stream zone now.
Kids are welcome at this fun outing in the woods. Meet at 9 a.m. at the bottom of Post Canyon Road.
April 20: HRATS are teaming up with Post Canyon trail adopters to do a major early-season work party on the lower portion of the upper 8 Track trail, as well as projects on GP, Middle School and Family Man. Meet at 8:30 a.m. at Family Man for this work party.
Ongoing: Weekly Hood River County work parties are planned for all day every Thursday. Mountain bikers, OHV users and equestrian users are all welcome to participate in the work.
For weekly details on projects contact HRCF at 541-387-6888.
More like this story
- Library Tree
- Yesteryears: Phase one of new skate park slated to begin in September 1996
- Around the Gorge: Genealogy and more scheduled for Gorge-area venues
- ‘Rock, Paper, Scissors’ Friday
- Archers urged beware of fire dangers, note new regulations
- Idlewilde Cemetery ‘residents’ are not forgotten, thanks to Cemetery Tales
- Roots and Branches: Drums, song carry Minoru Yasui’s message forward
- Washington responders to get notice of oil train shipments
- Oregon Poet Laureate advising Celilo Park project
- Historic Highway trail piece opens Sept. 24
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge