Tuesday, April 2, 2013
It’s trail season, and the Hood River Area Trail Stewards and Hood River County Forestry are planning a few early-season work parties for Northwest Area Trail System. Below are details.
For more information on these and other trail activity, see www.hrats.org.
April 13: Hood River County Forester Doug Thiesies and HRATS are teaming up for a tree planting party in the Seven Streams riparian zone. Replanting of this parcel is scheduled for spring 2014, but this is an opportunity to replant along the stream zone now.
Kids are welcome at this fun outing in the woods. Meet at 9 a.m. at the bottom of Post Canyon Road.
April 20: HRATS are teaming up with Post Canyon trail adopters to do a major early-season work party on the lower portion of the upper 8 Track trail, as well as projects on GP, Middle School and Family Man. Meet at 8:30 a.m. at Family Man for this work party.
Ongoing: Weekly Hood River County work parties are planned for all day every Thursday. Mountain bikers, OHV users and equestrian users are all welcome to participate in the work.
For weekly details on projects contact HRCF at 541-387-6888.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge