Tuesday, April 2, 2013
It’s trail season, and the Hood River Area Trail Stewards and Hood River County Forestry are planning a few early-season work parties for Northwest Area Trail System. Below are details.
For more information on these and other trail activity, see www.hrats.org.
April 13: Hood River County Forester Doug Thiesies and HRATS are teaming up for a tree planting party in the Seven Streams riparian zone. Replanting of this parcel is scheduled for spring 2014, but this is an opportunity to replant along the stream zone now.
Kids are welcome at this fun outing in the woods. Meet at 9 a.m. at the bottom of Post Canyon Road.
April 20: HRATS are teaming up with Post Canyon trail adopters to do a major early-season work party on the lower portion of the upper 8 Track trail, as well as projects on GP, Middle School and Family Man. Meet at 8:30 a.m. at Family Man for this work party.
Ongoing: Weekly Hood River County work parties are planned for all day every Thursday. Mountain bikers, OHV users and equestrian users are all welcome to participate in the work.
For weekly details on projects contact HRCF at 541-387-6888.
More like this story
- Fireworks: ‘Keep it safe, keep it legal’
- Youth mobile nutrition program returns at two Hood River locations
- County board slates $200K in Windmaster Plan for Airport
- ‘Stick to the Westside plan’
- Letters to the Editor for June 28
- Math in a Basket: a second grade teacher sees the connections
- Public Records: Building Records
- Find Your Park
- YESTERYEARS ‘Capacity crowd’ fills Hood River High School auditorium for Flag Day in 1947
- HRVST Osprey swimmers post state-qualifying times at Howard Jones invitationals in Gresham
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge