Tuesday, April 2, 2013
Kids, got a business or community activity idea?
Put your idea together, present it to a bunch of adults and you could get some money to get it started.
The deadline to submit applications for Gorge Soup for Kids is April 17.
The next Gorge Soup event for kids will be May 14 at Springhouse Cellar Winery. At Gorge Soup, diners enjoy dinner together, hear grant hopefuls describe their project or business and then vote on which request or requests they would like to fund. The dinner proceeds are then disbursed to the winner or winners. (At last year’s Gorge Soup for Kids, winner Keenan Collins of New Leaf Gallery accepted half of his grant and asked that the rest be given to the other presenters.)
Tickets for Gorge Soup for Kids are $35 a piece. To purchase tickets, go to: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/282394
Applications are to be mailed and postmarked by April 17, and sent to the following address: Gorge Soup, 14 Oak St., Ste. 302, Hood River, OR 97031. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. For details email email@example.com.
Gorge Soup began in 2011 and has thus far produced three events for adult entrepreneurs and one for Gorge area students in grades K-12. Last year’s season resulted in a total of five new ventures receiving a total of more than $7,100 in support. Organizers say that at least three new Soup events have begun in Portland and Seattle, inspired by Gorge Soup.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for June 21
- Another Voice: New legislation is win-win for community college students
- Fight leads to reported stabbing in Cascade Locks
- Former Hood River resident dies in wreck on I-84
- Columbia sturgeon season returns
- High Prairie Firehouse Sale back this weekend
- Roots and Branches: High energy children and the belief to succeed
- Entertainment Update for June 21
- Loretta and Patsy: Together Again
- Sports briefs for June 21
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge