Tuesday, April 2, 2013
Kids, got a business or community activity idea?
Put your idea together, present it to a bunch of adults and you could get some money to get it started.
The deadline to submit applications for Gorge Soup for Kids is April 17.
The next Gorge Soup event for kids will be May 14 at Springhouse Cellar Winery. At Gorge Soup, diners enjoy dinner together, hear grant hopefuls describe their project or business and then vote on which request or requests they would like to fund. The dinner proceeds are then disbursed to the winner or winners. (At last year’s Gorge Soup for Kids, winner Keenan Collins of New Leaf Gallery accepted half of his grant and asked that the rest be given to the other presenters.)
Tickets for Gorge Soup for Kids are $35 a piece. To purchase tickets, go to: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/282394
Applications are to be mailed and postmarked by April 17, and sent to the following address: Gorge Soup, 14 Oak St., Ste. 302, Hood River, OR 97031. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. For details email email@example.com.
Gorge Soup began in 2011 and has thus far produced three events for adult entrepreneurs and one for Gorge area students in grades K-12. Last year’s season resulted in a total of five new ventures receiving a total of more than $7,100 in support. Organizers say that at least three new Soup events have begun in Portland and Seattle, inspired by Gorge Soup.
More like this story
- Aporkalypse: Bacon contest fattens coffers at Helping Hands
- The Ale List: ‘Zwickelmania’ returns, Full Sail taps Wheatwine
- YESTERYEARS: DaKine, Pro Motion relocating to Hood River in 1986
- Cascade Observations: Sweetness of Winter
- Parenting program starts in Cascade Locks
- Second Saturday will be all about pilots
- Five Gorge wines earn medals
- Revenue steps up fraud, identity theft prevention
- Father of the Bride
- City, county support affordable housing bill