Tuesday, April 2, 2013
Mid-Columbia Medical Center in The Dalles holds training and testing programs on April 17, at 5:30 p.m. and May 1, beginning at 11 a.m., for dogs and handlers interested in participating in the hospital’s pet visitation program.
The dog’s personality (as well as their handler’s personality, of course) is key in creating a successful pet visitor team.
Once a dog is accepted into the program, his or her handler will be given information about being a volunteer at MCMC.
Forms and information packets are available by calling Celeste at 541-506-6426 or by emailing email@example.com.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge