Tuesday, April 2, 2013
More than 100 business and civic leaders from throughout the Hood River area will be “arrested” and put “behind bars” for the Muscular Dystrophy Association’s Lock-Up fundraiser on April 17.
This year, the event is being held at Pietro’s Pizza.
Contributions to MDA will directly benefit families in greater Oregon and SW Washington area living with progressive muscle diseases.
For information about MDA’s Lock-Up campaign, contact Parvaneh Givi at 503-223-3177 or email@example.com
Each MDA jailbird’s “bail” is set at $1,600, which will allow them to be released for good behavior.
“We are incredibly lucky to have Bob Stone Subaru donate “’paddy wagons’ to pick our jailbirds up I,’ Givi said. City of Hood River’s Fire Department will do the arresting.
MDA also assists jailbirds in creating personalized Lock-Up donation websites to help raise their bail ahead of time online. The links for these websites can be emailed to friends, family and co-workers who could make secure online donations.
“It’s amazing how our community jailbirds have rallied around MDA and are doing a great job as they continue to raise bail donations,” explained Parvaneh Givi, Area Director. “The actual day of the Lock-Up will be a fun celebration of the work each person did to help families who live right here in their community.”
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge