Tuesday, April 2, 2013
More than 100 business and civic leaders from throughout the Hood River area will be “arrested” and put “behind bars” for the Muscular Dystrophy Association’s Lock-Up fundraiser on April 17.
This year, the event is being held at Pietro’s Pizza.
Contributions to MDA will directly benefit families in greater Oregon and SW Washington area living with progressive muscle diseases.
For information about MDA’s Lock-Up campaign, contact Parvaneh Givi at 503-223-3177 or email@example.com
Each MDA jailbird’s “bail” is set at $1,600, which will allow them to be released for good behavior.
“We are incredibly lucky to have Bob Stone Subaru donate “’paddy wagons’ to pick our jailbirds up I,’ Givi said. City of Hood River’s Fire Department will do the arresting.
MDA also assists jailbirds in creating personalized Lock-Up donation websites to help raise their bail ahead of time online. The links for these websites can be emailed to friends, family and co-workers who could make secure online donations.
“It’s amazing how our community jailbirds have rallied around MDA and are doing a great job as they continue to raise bail donations,” explained Parvaneh Givi, Area Director. “The actual day of the Lock-Up will be a fun celebration of the work each person did to help families who live right here in their community.”
More like this story
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
- HAHRC BEATS: Preventing type 2 diabetes begins with changes
- US Postal Service debuts Alzheimer’s fundraising stamp
- Oregon State Parks celebrate ‘Green Friday’
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 18
- Kegler's Corner: Randy’s Painting Tops Industrial
Blasting on I84
Blasting on I84 Enlarge