Tuesday, April 2, 2013
More than 100 business and civic leaders from throughout the Hood River area will be “arrested” and put “behind bars” for the Muscular Dystrophy Association’s Lock-Up fundraiser on April 17.
This year, the event is being held at Pietro’s Pizza.
Contributions to MDA will directly benefit families in greater Oregon and SW Washington area living with progressive muscle diseases.
For information about MDA’s Lock-Up campaign, contact Parvaneh Givi at 503-223-3177 or email@example.com
Each MDA jailbird’s “bail” is set at $1,600, which will allow them to be released for good behavior.
“We are incredibly lucky to have Bob Stone Subaru donate “’paddy wagons’ to pick our jailbirds up I,’ Givi said. City of Hood River’s Fire Department will do the arresting.
MDA also assists jailbirds in creating personalized Lock-Up donation websites to help raise their bail ahead of time online. The links for these websites can be emailed to friends, family and co-workers who could make secure online donations.
“It’s amazing how our community jailbirds have rallied around MDA and are doing a great job as they continue to raise bail donations,” explained Parvaneh Givi, Area Director. “The actual day of the Lock-Up will be a fun celebration of the work each person did to help families who live right here in their community.”
More like this story
- Death Notices for July 26: Michael de Socarraz, Milton Fridley, Shannon Lindell, Earline Matson, Billy Vann and Otilia Vann
- Service announcements for July 26: Ralene Cooper, Joshua Parke and Robert Gilmore
- Summer fun: a look ahead
- Eagle Creek fire flares up
- The Fair has fun for all
- Church News for July 22
- Letters to the Editor for July 22
- 6 to Watch: Engage the city street safety survey
- Groups host July 26 forum on Westside Plan
- Hood River News earns ONPA awards
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge