Tuesday, April 2, 2013
Mt. Hood Meadows Ski Resort has a list of spring activities for the sunny spring season starting this weekend with the annual Full Sail Banked Slalom race on Saturday (open to skiers and snowboarders, register at www.skihood.com) and Sunday’s third-annual Hood River Appreciation Day all day at the Hood River Meadows lodge with food, drinks, music, raffles and more. On April 13, the resort hosts a Ski to Defeat ALS event to help raise money for the ALS Association of Oregon and Southwest Washington. Adults get to be kids on April 27 during the seventh-annual Sno-Kona Pond Skim in which wildly dressed skiers and snowboarders launch themselves across a fridgid 90-foot pond in hopes of winning a free trip for two to Hawaii. See skihood.com for info on all.
More like this story
- Gorge quilters featured in area shows this summer and fall
- Entertainment Update for July 30
- ‘American Pickers’ seeks local troves
- Richard Tillinghast concert at library Aug 10
- Gorge Soup art grant applications due Aug. 20
- Elections 2016: Gudman talks state treasurer bid during Hood River visit
- Ways of the Wind: July weather a windfall
- ‘Officer Friendly’ Sergeant Jesse Flem retires after 30 years
- Summer construction closes roads in Mount Hood National Forest
- Chief Wells resigns from Fire Dept.
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge