Tuesday, April 2, 2013
Mt. Hood Meadows Ski Resort has a list of spring activities for the sunny spring season starting this weekend with the annual Full Sail Banked Slalom race on Saturday (open to skiers and snowboarders, register at www.skihood.com) and Sunday’s third-annual Hood River Appreciation Day all day at the Hood River Meadows lodge with food, drinks, music, raffles and more. On April 13, the resort hosts a Ski to Defeat ALS event to help raise money for the ALS Association of Oregon and Southwest Washington. Adults get to be kids on April 27 during the seventh-annual Sno-Kona Pond Skim in which wildly dressed skiers and snowboarders launch themselves across a fridgid 90-foot pond in hopes of winning a free trip for two to Hawaii. See skihood.com for info on all.
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- How does July 4, 2016, Stack Up?
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
- Fire season is here: enjoy yourself, safely and legally
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge