Tuesday, April 2, 2013
Registration is now open for the Regards to Rural Conference at Oregon State University in Corvallis, Friday and Saturday, June 21-22, with a pre-session by Michael Shuman, conference keynoter, on June 20.
Join with others to renew your energy, share practices and spark innovative ideas for strengthening the economic vitality and social vibrancy of rural communities.
For more information and to register, visit r2r.rdiinc.org.
The conference offers “early bird” discounts for registering by May 5.
Conference highlights include keynotes from Michael Shuman, author of “Local Dollars, Local Sense,” and Chuck Fluharty, founding director of the Rural Policy Research Institute.
Also planned are a funders panel, sessions focused on rural wealth creation, economic vitality, food systems, leadership development, entrepreneurship and frontier living, networking opportunities, and local and seasonal food.
More like this story
- Wy’east High School Class of ’67 plans reunion
- Coming in August to the Hood River Library
- RC Car Club meeting
- Letters to the Editor for July 29
- Another Voice: The best path forward — Fixing, not replacing, the ACA
- Medieval fair takes over Cascade Locks Marine Park Aug. 5
- The Porch: Numbered Stairs mystery solved
- Business Notes: Wells Fargo promotes Trusov, Windermere expands
- End the cruel and dangerous practice of leaving pets in hot cars
- Church News: River of Life plans VBS
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge