Wednesday, April 3, 2013
John B. Rumsey (Johnny's Automotive), 51, a resident of The Dalles, Ore., died at a local hospital on Tuesday, April 2, 2013.
Memorial services will be held Sunday, April 7, at 3 p.m. at Shepherd of the Valley Bible Church, 1631 Eighth St., in Hood River.
Arrangements are under the direction of Spencer, Libby and Powell Funeral Home, 1100 Kelly Ave., The Dalles; 541-296-3234.
Patricia J. Connelly, 80, passed away March 25, 2013, surrounded by her loving family. Pat was born Dec. 18, 1932, in Goldendale, Wash., to Gayle and Irene Morford.
Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit http://www.andersonstributecenter.com/book-of-memories/1528480/Connelly-Patricia/view-condolences.php to leave a note of condolence for family.
Clemente H. Guzman, 89, passed away April 4, 2013, at his Hawks Ridge residence in Hood River, Ore. Clemente was born Dec. 9, 1923, in El Paso, Texas, and lived with his daughter Linda Vigesaa and son-in-law Mahlon Vigesaa in Hood River the last five years.
Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit http://www.andersonstributecenter.com/book-of-memories/1536183/Guzman-Clemente/view-condolences.php to leave a note of condolence for family.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Elks’ Oktoberfest returns Sept. 23
- Roots and Branches: There is no masking care
- YESTERYEARS: Odell Sanitation District opens bids for new plant in 1967
- Wy’east class of ’67 celebrates 50-year reunion
- Foster Parenting: Simple answers to a challenging task
- Success is one caring adult away
- Pet of the Week: Bojangles looking for an active family
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 20 edition
- ‘Overwhelming enthusiasm’: Community comes together for firefighters
- Parkhurst Place plans ‘thank you’ this week for fire first responders
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge