Friday, April 5, 2013
Gorge Grown hosts a CSA Farm Open House on April 17 to call attention to opportunities to support local agriculture.
CSAs are Community Supported Agriculture operations — places where food is grown for members to support local farmers by purchasing allotments of their output each month.
The open house will start at 4:30 p.m. at Dog River Coffee in Hood River. Numerous CSAs will be on hand and visitors will learn about CSAs in the area, and hear live music.
For details on these and other Gorge Grown food Network events visit www.gorgegrown.org.
GGFN also sponsors a class in “Growing a Useful Herb Garden,” April 20 from 1-3 p.m. at Grow Organics in the Heights in Hood River. The cost is $15.
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge