Friday, April 5, 2013
Gorge Grown hosts a CSA Farm Open House on April 17 to call attention to opportunities to support local agriculture.
CSAs are Community Supported Agriculture operations — places where food is grown for members to support local farmers by purchasing allotments of their output each month.
The open house will start at 4:30 p.m. at Dog River Coffee in Hood River. Numerous CSAs will be on hand and visitors will learn about CSAs in the area, and hear live music.
For details on these and other Gorge Grown food Network events visit www.gorgegrown.org.
GGFN also sponsors a class in “Growing a Useful Herb Garden,” April 20 from 1-3 p.m. at Grow Organics in the Heights in Hood River. The cost is $15.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for June 21
- Another Voice: New legislation is win-win for community college students
- Fight leads to reported stabbing in Cascade Locks
- Former Hood River resident dies in wreck on I-84
- Columbia sturgeon season returns
- High Prairie Firehouse Sale back this weekend
- Roots and Branches: High energy children and the belief to succeed
- Entertainment Update for June 21
- Loretta and Patsy: Together Again
- Sports briefs for June 21
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge