Friday, April 5, 2013
Gorge Grown hosts a CSA Farm Open House on April 17 to call attention to opportunities to support local agriculture.
CSAs are Community Supported Agriculture operations — places where food is grown for members to support local farmers by purchasing allotments of their output each month.
The open house will start at 4:30 p.m. at Dog River Coffee in Hood River. Numerous CSAs will be on hand and visitors will learn about CSAs in the area, and hear live music.
For details on these and other Gorge Grown food Network events visit www.gorgegrown.org.
GGFN also sponsors a class in “Growing a Useful Herb Garden,” April 20 from 1-3 p.m. at Grow Organics in the Heights in Hood River. The cost is $15.
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Cooper’s Spur Road completed in 1926
- ‘Age of Dignity’ discussion series starts Oct. 22
- Advocacy Center holds fundraiser Oct. 22
- Roots and Branches: Find and use your tools
- Columbia Gorge Peace Village hosts film
- WS Library holds ‘Boys in the Boat’ talk Oct. 22
- Gorge receives national honor this weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 19
- ‘Mayerdale Place’ program Oct. 21
- County continues marijuana hearings
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge