Friday, April 5, 2013
Gorge Grown hosts a CSA Farm Open House on April 17 to call attention to opportunities to support local agriculture.
CSAs are Community Supported Agriculture operations — places where food is grown for members to support local farmers by purchasing allotments of their output each month.
The open house will start at 4:30 p.m. at Dog River Coffee in Hood River. Numerous CSAs will be on hand and visitors will learn about CSAs in the area, and hear live music.
For details on these and other Gorge Grown food Network events visit www.gorgegrown.org.
GGFN also sponsors a class in “Growing a Useful Herb Garden,” April 20 from 1-3 p.m. at Grow Organics in the Heights in Hood River. The cost is $15.
More like this story
- Church News: Updated Vacation Bible School list
- Death notices for June 25: Dorothy McPherren and Victoria Long
- Yesteryears: 911 comes to Hood River County in 1986
- Mt. Hood Town Hall Summer BBQ
- Oregon Trail Tea Time
- ‘Art in the Gorge’ show in Hood River July 1-3
- Cascade Observations: Making New Friends, Keeping the Old
- History links Mike’s (30 years) and Tum-A-Lum (110)
- Parkdale mason crafts new ‘masterpiece’ at Cape Horn
- Portland leaders ask governors to ban oil-by-rail
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge