Friday, April 5, 2013
Gorge Grown hosts a CSA Farm Open House on April 17 to call attention to opportunities to support local agriculture.
CSAs are Community Supported Agriculture operations — places where food is grown for members to support local farmers by purchasing allotments of their output each month.
The open house will start at 4:30 p.m. at Dog River Coffee in Hood River. Numerous CSAs will be on hand and visitors will learn about CSAs in the area, and hear live music.
For details on these and other Gorge Grown food Network events visit www.gorgegrown.org.
GGFN also sponsors a class in “Growing a Useful Herb Garden,” April 20 from 1-3 p.m. at Grow Organics in the Heights in Hood River. The cost is $15.
More like this story
- Team Osprey competes in Bend Winter Invitational
- Sports briefs for Dec. 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 13
- Off the Rails: Protest oil train regulation rollback
- Hood River Bridge replacement: Understanding the WHATs
- Sheriff's Log, Nov. 26 to Dec. 10
- Happiness Month profile: Slowing down with ‘The Daily Three’
- Menorah Installed
- How to help during the holidays
- Students of the Month: Elks Lodge honors Zorza and Castañeda