Friday, April 5, 2013
Gorge Grown hosts a CSA Farm Open House on April 17 to call attention to opportunities to support local agriculture.
CSAs are Community Supported Agriculture operations — places where food is grown for members to support local farmers by purchasing allotments of their output each month.
The open house will start at 4:30 p.m. at Dog River Coffee in Hood River. Numerous CSAs will be on hand and visitors will learn about CSAs in the area, and hear live music.
For details on these and other Gorge Grown food Network events visit www.gorgegrown.org.
GGFN also sponsors a class in “Growing a Useful Herb Garden,” April 20 from 1-3 p.m. at Grow Organics in the Heights in Hood River. The cost is $15.
More like this story
- Reader Photos: Enjoying the Eclipse
- Eclipse Scenes
- Pet of the Week: Roxy is happy, friendly girl
- ‘Walk with Ease’ starts in September
- ‘Terrific Tale of Thumbelina’ Aug. 25 at Arts Center
- Police Log, Aug. 7 to 13
- ‘Wheels of Hope’ nominations sought
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 19
- EDITOR’S NOTEBOOK: Two guys, one contested parking space, two police officers: one wonders
- Church News: St. Mary’s holds retirement party for Rev. Maag
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge