Friday, April 5, 2013
Join local musicians Roger and Diane Gadway at the Hood River Library on Friday, April 12, at 6:30 p.m. for “An Evening with Scott Joplin.” The Gadways, who perform as the duo 'Gadzukes', will showcase Joplin's music along with a narrative history of his life and the time that gave rise to his compositions.
Joplin was an African-American composer and pianist who achieved fame for his ragtime compositions, and was later dubbed "The King of Ragtime." Joplin's music has endured over 100 years and has been used in many movies “The Sting” and “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.” This program is free and open to the public.
For more information, please contact the Hood River County Library District at 541-386-2535, firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit their website at http://hoodriverlibrary.org.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for June 21
- Another Voice: New legislation is win-win for community college students
- Fight leads to reported stabbing in Cascade Locks
- Former Hood River resident dies in wreck on I-84
- Columbia sturgeon season returns
- High Prairie Firehouse Sale back this weekend
- Roots and Branches: High energy children and the belief to succeed
- Entertainment Update for June 21
- Loretta and Patsy: Together Again
- Sports briefs for June 21
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge