Friday, April 5, 2013
Join local musicians Roger and Diane Gadway at the Hood River Library on Friday, April 12, at 6:30 p.m. for “An Evening with Scott Joplin.” The Gadways, who perform as the duo 'Gadzukes', will showcase Joplin's music along with a narrative history of his life and the time that gave rise to his compositions.
Joplin was an African-American composer and pianist who achieved fame for his ragtime compositions, and was later dubbed "The King of Ragtime." Joplin's music has endured over 100 years and has been used in many movies “The Sting” and “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.” This program is free and open to the public.
For more information, please contact the Hood River County Library District at 541-386-2535, firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit their website at http://hoodriverlibrary.org.
More like this story
- Sports briefs for Aug. 16
- Lost boy found safe near Parkdale
- YESTERYEARS: Hottest August day ever recorded in 1977
- Design for a legacy
- Pick of the Week: Jim Lommasson at CCA
- The mural and Nate Chavez
- Letters to the Editor, Aug. 16 edition
- City of Hood River: Mayor asks Rep. Walden to ‘join our collective call’ on energy
- Power line fire doused Monday
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 6 to 12
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge