Friday, April 5, 2013
Join local musicians Roger and Diane Gadway at the Hood River Library on Friday, April 12, at 6:30 p.m. for “An Evening with Scott Joplin.” The Gadways, who perform as the duo 'Gadzukes', will showcase Joplin's music along with a narrative history of his life and the time that gave rise to his compositions.
Joplin was an African-American composer and pianist who achieved fame for his ragtime compositions, and was later dubbed "The King of Ragtime." Joplin's music has endured over 100 years and has been used in many movies “The Sting” and “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.” This program is free and open to the public.
For more information, please contact the Hood River County Library District at 541-386-2535, firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit their website at http://hoodriverlibrary.org.
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge