Friday, April 5, 2013
Join local musicians Roger and Diane Gadway at the Hood River Library on Friday, April 12, at 6:30 p.m. for “An Evening with Scott Joplin.” The Gadways, who perform as the duo 'Gadzukes', will showcase Joplin's music along with a narrative history of his life and the time that gave rise to his compositions.
Joplin was an African-American composer and pianist who achieved fame for his ragtime compositions, and was later dubbed "The King of Ragtime." Joplin's music has endured over 100 years and has been used in many movies “The Sting” and “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.” This program is free and open to the public.
For more information, please contact the Hood River County Library District at 541-386-2535, firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit their website at http://hoodriverlibrary.org.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge