Friday, April 5, 2013
Join local musicians Roger and Diane Gadway at the Hood River Library on Friday, April 12, at 6:30 p.m. for “An Evening with Scott Joplin.” The Gadways, who perform as the duo 'Gadzukes', will showcase Joplin's music along with a narrative history of his life and the time that gave rise to his compositions.
Joplin was an African-American composer and pianist who achieved fame for his ragtime compositions, and was later dubbed "The King of Ragtime." Joplin's music has endured over 100 years and has been used in many movies “The Sting” and “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.” This program is free and open to the public.
For more information, please contact the Hood River County Library District at 541-386-2535, email@example.com, or visit their website at http://hoodriverlibrary.org.
More like this story
- Service Annoucement for July 30: Del Gierke
- Death Notice for July 30: James Perry
- Schools seek applicants for budget panel
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge