Friday, April 5, 2013
This week volunteers at Adopt A Dog have selected Huckleberry as the program’s adoptable pet of the week. They describe him as follows:
“Huckleberry is about 1 to 2 years old and beginning to learn about the good life. He and a bunch of his best buddies were rescued a few weeks ago from a very bad living situation, and although none had any real social interaction with humans and all were living outside in the cold and rain, most of them are very social and affectionate, and Huckleberry is one of the best!
“Didn’t take this little guy long to figure out he likes cuddling and playing with people. Huckleberry is very sweet and attentive and loves to play with other dogs and thinks the Great Indoors is extra awesome! No more chilly nights for him!
“Huckleberry and all his buddies seem to know that life has gotten a lot better for them and they love it! He’s a real hoot and would be happiest in a home with other dogs — and that just means more entertainment for the whole family!”
Huckleberry is current on shots, micro-chipped and neutered. The adoption fee for this “lovable, and now snuggly little guy” is $185; cash or check only, please. The fee to adopt is charged to recoup standard veterinary expenses.
Since many of AAD’s dogs are in foster, please call ahead to meet Huckleberry at the Hukari Animal Shelter, 3910 Heron Drive, Odell; 541-354-1083. Adoption hours are Wednesdays from 5-7 p.m. and Saturdays from 9-11 a.m. Applications may be downloaded at www.hoodriveradoptadog.org and faxed to 877-833-7166.
The Adopt A Dog program offers 24PetWatch microchips, which include free registration into the 24PetWatch pet recovery service. (For more information visit www.24petwatch.com or call 866-597-2424.)
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 16
- Gorge Happiness Month: Mandy Kurfurst uses ‘The Daily Three’ to center herself
- Police Log, Nov. 27 to Dec. 10
- ‘Operation Christmas Child’ sets collection record for 2017 campaign
- FutureBus visits Cascade Locks Elementary
- History Museum of Hood River County hosts open house Saturday
- Pet of the Week: Gus the Yorkie is ‘sweetest in town’
- Kegler's Corner: Rod Pratt Bowls Bigly
- ‘Loving Vincent’ Dec. 20 at CCA
- How to help during the holidays