Friday, April 5, 2013
Thanks to a group of caring parents, and wide community support, Hood River Valley High School’s Class of 2013 will have a fun and safe graduation party on June 7. The all-night party is held each year at the Hood River Elks Lodge, which donates the space.
Parents in the valley, and businesses, have always stepped up to make the party a success. This year will be no different. But help in the way donations is still needed.
Last year more than 130 local businesses contributed cash or products to help make the evening a success. (Students themselves are also asked to contribute $35 toward the evening, which includes games, a DJ, raffle prizes, food, a photo booth and memory wall and dancing.)
The party may be two months away, but this is the critical home stretch for planning the event. The final scheduled planning meeting is at 6 p.m. April 10. in the HRVHS Commons on
To learn more, contact Kathy McLean at 541-387-3569 or visit the Project Graduation 2013 Facebook page for updates.
Donations may be made out to Project Graduation 2013, and mailed to 1767 12th St., Ste. 178, Hood River, OR 97031.
More like this story
- Service announcements for Oct. 3
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge