Friday, April 5, 2013
Described as a celebration of hope, faith and woven histories of the people of the Great West, Romancing the West tells epic stories of native peoples, explorers and sagas of pioneers — a history that has spanned two centuries.
With an all-original score and music from every decade — from ragtime to rock anthems, an all-star lineup of recording artists will make history come alive. Featuring legendary Woodstock performer Melanie, award-winning duo Gypsy Soul and Christina & Sons of the Oregon Trail — along with a supporting 10-piece band of talented musicians and storytellers, Romancing the West will explore the times of the old frontier to today’s era through music and storytelling.
The Dalles Civic Auditorium, Saturday, April 6, 7 p.m.
Tickets are $25 at www.romancingthewest.org. Sponsored by the Columbia Gorge Discovery Center, The Oregon Historical Society, and Travel Pendleton.
More like this story
- Death notices for Aug. 23 edition: Kenny Newlan and Roland Solberg
- Service announcements for Aug. 23 edition: Gary Thelen and David DeGroot
- Bingen blood drive Aug. 30
- Reader Photos: Enjoying the Eclipse
- Eclipse Scenes
- Pet of the Week: Roxy is happy, friendly girl
- ‘Walk with Ease’ starts in September
- ‘Terrific Tale of Thumbelina’ Aug. 25 at Arts Center
- Police Log, Aug. 7 to 13
- ‘Wheels of Hope’ nominations sought
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge