Friday, April 5, 2013
Described as a celebration of hope, faith and woven histories of the people of the Great West, Romancing the West tells epic stories of native peoples, explorers and sagas of pioneers — a history that has spanned two centuries.
With an all-original score and music from every decade — from ragtime to rock anthems, an all-star lineup of recording artists will make history come alive. Featuring legendary Woodstock performer Melanie, award-winning duo Gypsy Soul and Christina & Sons of the Oregon Trail — along with a supporting 10-piece band of talented musicians and storytellers, Romancing the West will explore the times of the old frontier to today’s era through music and storytelling.
The Dalles Civic Auditorium, Saturday, April 6, 7 p.m.
Tickets are $25 at www.romancingthewest.org. Sponsored by the Columbia Gorge Discovery Center, The Oregon Historical Society, and Travel Pendleton.
More like this story
- Motorcyclist killed in spilled lumber crash
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- Shoreline trail widened under HR Bridge
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge