Friday, April 5, 2013
Described as a celebration of hope, faith and woven histories of the people of the Great West, Romancing the West tells epic stories of native peoples, explorers and sagas of pioneers — a history that has spanned two centuries.
With an all-original score and music from every decade — from ragtime to rock anthems, an all-star lineup of recording artists will make history come alive. Featuring legendary Woodstock performer Melanie, award-winning duo Gypsy Soul and Christina & Sons of the Oregon Trail — along with a supporting 10-piece band of talented musicians and storytellers, Romancing the West will explore the times of the old frontier to today’s era through music and storytelling.
The Dalles Civic Auditorium, Saturday, April 6, 7 p.m.
Tickets are $25 at www.romancingthewest.org. Sponsored by the Columbia Gorge Discovery Center, The Oregon Historical Society, and Travel Pendleton.
More like this story
- Raffle winner announced
- ‘Santa’s Surprise’ comes to WAAAM
- Police Log, Nov. 20 to 26
- CGCAN hosts holiday party Dec. 20
- Lighted fire trucks roll Dec. 11 to 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 9
- Good Cheer: Small adjustments keep help flowing
- Editor's Notebook: A modest, six-figure solution to NCAA coaching salary excess
- Church News: Updated for Dec. 9 edition
- HRV girls basketball win in the final seconds at home
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge