Friday, April 5, 2013
Described as a celebration of hope, faith and woven histories of the people of the Great West, Romancing the West tells epic stories of native peoples, explorers and sagas of pioneers — a history that has spanned two centuries.
With an all-original score and music from every decade — from ragtime to rock anthems, an all-star lineup of recording artists will make history come alive. Featuring legendary Woodstock performer Melanie, award-winning duo Gypsy Soul and Christina & Sons of the Oregon Trail — along with a supporting 10-piece band of talented musicians and storytellers, Romancing the West will explore the times of the old frontier to today’s era through music and storytelling.
The Dalles Civic Auditorium, Saturday, April 6, 7 p.m.
Tickets are $25 at www.romancingthewest.org. Sponsored by the Columbia Gorge Discovery Center, The Oregon Historical Society, and Travel Pendleton.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge