Friday, April 5, 2013
Andrew’s Pizza and Skylight Theatre and Yum Yogurt represent dinner, a pint and dessert all under one roof.
Yum Yogurt opened Monday as an extension of the existing pizza restaurant and theater.
At Yum, self-servings of frozen yogurt — eight flavors and 39 toppings — are sold by the ounce. Customers can eat in or take it to go, including into the restaurant or theater, via the adjoining hallway.
“It just adds to the appeal of Oak Street and is a part of Andrew’s,” said Chris Ellison, manager of both businesses, which are owned by Andrew McElderry.
Hours are 11:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. (“We’re playing it by ear,” Ellison said), with longer hours this summer. A grand opening is planned in about a month.
Yum Yogurt replaces the former Quenett Winery tasting room. A few years back, the space was home to Yum Gallery — no relation to the new yogurt shop, just happy coincidence, according to Ellison.
Yogurt flavors include peanut butter, Red Velvet cake and dairy-free and sugar-free flavors such as strawberry-banana.
A “tart” yogurt will appeal to those who enjoy Greek-style yogurt, according to Ellison.
“It’s the ‘adult flavor,’” he said. “The nice, clean taste when you put some fresh fruit on top — it just bursts out.”
Toppings include candy, cereal and cookie crumbs, as well as fresh fruit and syrups, and chewy rice candy known as “mochi.”
On the first day of business, Ellison gave away free samples to people in neighboring offices and businesses.
Among those was Bill Weiler, who came in from around the corner at Gorge Ecology Insitute Wednesday and bought a cup of yogurt.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge