Tuesday, April 9, 2013
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers invites recreational boaters to a free vessel safety inspection at Columbia Hills State Park from 7 a.m. to noon April 27.
To help kick off the first day of trout fishing season, the Corps, along with other federal, state and local law enforcement agencies, will conduct voluntary boat safety inspections at the Horsethief Lake boat ramp.
The safety check will ensure boaters have the proper marine equipment, clarify federal and state regulations, discuss safety precautions and answer any boating-related questions. Vessels passing the inspection will receive a 2013 U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary inspection sticker. No citations will be issued the day of the inspections.
For more info contact The Dalles Lock and Dam Ranger Office at 541-506-7857 or visit http://1.usa.gov/XL3BNM.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge