Tuesday, April 9, 2013
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers invites recreational boaters to a free vessel safety inspection at Columbia Hills State Park from 7 a.m. to noon April 27.
To help kick off the first day of trout fishing season, the Corps, along with other federal, state and local law enforcement agencies, will conduct voluntary boat safety inspections at the Horsethief Lake boat ramp.
The safety check will ensure boaters have the proper marine equipment, clarify federal and state regulations, discuss safety precautions and answer any boating-related questions. Vessels passing the inspection will receive a 2013 U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary inspection sticker. No citations will be issued the day of the inspections.
For more info contact The Dalles Lock and Dam Ranger Office at 541-506-7857 or visit http://1.usa.gov/XL3BNM.
More like this story
- Service Announcement for Oct. 26: Vernon Picking
- Death Notices for Oct. 26: Mary Stinson, Wilma Bolton, Kathleen Coffey, Thomas Pierce and Evelyn Helseth
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge