Tuesday, April 9, 2013
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers invites recreational boaters to a free vessel safety inspection at Columbia Hills State Park from 7 a.m. to noon April 27.
To help kick off the first day of trout fishing season, the Corps, along with other federal, state and local law enforcement agencies, will conduct voluntary boat safety inspections at the Horsethief Lake boat ramp.
The safety check will ensure boaters have the proper marine equipment, clarify federal and state regulations, discuss safety precautions and answer any boating-related questions. Vessels passing the inspection will receive a 2013 U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary inspection sticker. No citations will be issued the day of the inspections.
For more info contact The Dalles Lock and Dam Ranger Office at 541-506-7857 or visit http://1.usa.gov/XL3BNM.
More like this story
- Aporkalypse: Bacon contest fattens coffers at Helping Hands
- The Ale List: ‘Zwickelmania’ returns, Full Sail taps Wheatwine
- YESTERYEARS: DaKine, Pro Motion relocating to Hood River in 1986
- Cascade Observations: Sweetness of Winter
- Parenting program starts in Cascade Locks
- Second Saturday will be all about pilots
- Five Gorge wines earn medals
- Revenue steps up fraud, identity theft prevention
- Father of the Bride
- City, county support affordable housing bill