Tuesday, April 9, 2013
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers invites recreational boaters to a free vessel safety inspection at Columbia Hills State Park from 7 a.m. to noon April 27.
To help kick off the first day of trout fishing season, the Corps, along with other federal, state and local law enforcement agencies, will conduct voluntary boat safety inspections at the Horsethief Lake boat ramp.
The safety check will ensure boaters have the proper marine equipment, clarify federal and state regulations, discuss safety precautions and answer any boating-related questions. Vessels passing the inspection will receive a 2013 U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary inspection sticker. No citations will be issued the day of the inspections.
For more info contact The Dalles Lock and Dam Ranger Office at 541-506-7857 or visit http://1.usa.gov/XL3BNM.
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge