Tuesday, April 9, 2013
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers invites recreational boaters to a free vessel safety inspection at Columbia Hills State Park from 7 a.m. to noon April 27.
To help kick off the first day of trout fishing season, the Corps, along with other federal, state and local law enforcement agencies, will conduct voluntary boat safety inspections at the Horsethief Lake boat ramp.
The safety check will ensure boaters have the proper marine equipment, clarify federal and state regulations, discuss safety precautions and answer any boating-related questions. Vessels passing the inspection will receive a 2013 U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary inspection sticker. No citations will be issued the day of the inspections.
For more info contact The Dalles Lock and Dam Ranger Office at 541-506-7857 or visit http://1.usa.gov/XL3BNM.
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge