Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Cascade Locks The Columbia Gorge Lions Club has donated 200 pounds of food and household items last month to the Cascade Locks food bank, associated with FISH of Hood River County.
The Cascade Locks food bank serves 50 families in the community.
This is the third year the community has accepted the challenge of the Alan Shawn Feinstein Foundation’s mission to stamp out hunger in the United States with his yearly Million Dollar giveaway.
Donations of food, household items, or checks can be directed to FISH Food Bank, care of Martha LaMont, P.O. Box 428, Cascade Locks, OR 97014.
More like this story
- Update -- Police seeking man involved in kidnapping between Mosier, Portland
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge