Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Cascade Locks The Columbia Gorge Lions Club has donated 200 pounds of food and household items last month to the Cascade Locks food bank, associated with FISH of Hood River County.
The Cascade Locks food bank serves 50 families in the community.
This is the third year the community has accepted the challenge of the Alan Shawn Feinstein Foundation’s mission to stamp out hunger in the United States with his yearly Million Dollar giveaway.
Donations of food, household items, or checks can be directed to FISH Food Bank, care of Martha LaMont, P.O. Box 428, Cascade Locks, OR 97014.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge