Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Cascade Locks The Columbia Gorge Lions Club has donated 200 pounds of food and household items last month to the Cascade Locks food bank, associated with FISH of Hood River County.
The Cascade Locks food bank serves 50 families in the community.
This is the third year the community has accepted the challenge of the Alan Shawn Feinstein Foundation’s mission to stamp out hunger in the United States with his yearly Million Dollar giveaway.
Donations of food, household items, or checks can be directed to FISH Food Bank, care of Martha LaMont, P.O. Box 428, Cascade Locks, OR 97014.
More like this story
- Gorge Independence Day: Your local guide to July 4th
- Fireworks: ‘Keep it safe, keep it legal’
- Youth mobile nutrition program returns at two Hood River locations
- County board slates $200K in Windmaster Plan for Airport
- ‘Stick to the Westside plan’
- Letters to the Editor for June 28
- Math in a Basket: a second grade teacher sees the connections
- Public Records: Building Records
- Find Your Park
- YESTERYEARS ‘Capacity crowd’ fills Hood River High School auditorium for Flag Day in 1947
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge