Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Cascade Locks The Columbia Gorge Lions Club has donated 200 pounds of food and household items last month to the Cascade Locks food bank, associated with FISH of Hood River County.
The Cascade Locks food bank serves 50 families in the community.
This is the third year the community has accepted the challenge of the Alan Shawn Feinstein Foundation’s mission to stamp out hunger in the United States with his yearly Million Dollar giveaway.
Donations of food, household items, or checks can be directed to FISH Food Bank, care of Martha LaMont, P.O. Box 428, Cascade Locks, OR 97014.
More like this story
- After a winless 2014 season, HRV girls team places third at state tournament
- HAHRC BEATS: November is Diabetes Awareness Month
- National Initiative: Mindfulness Center trains ‘Mental Health First Aid’
- Red Cross recommends iron-rich foods prior to blood donation
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 21
- Pitch and Pool: Kudos for fall success, and a look ahead
- Jim Drake’s Entertainment Blog: Doing what it takes to be the ‘Finest’
- Overlapping ‘Pray for Snow’ parties happen Saturday
- Entertainment Update for Nov. 21
- B Gorge-us Boutique opens, shares space with Gandara
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge