Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Cascade Locks The Columbia Gorge Lions Club has donated 200 pounds of food and household items last month to the Cascade Locks food bank, associated with FISH of Hood River County.
The Cascade Locks food bank serves 50 families in the community.
This is the third year the community has accepted the challenge of the Alan Shawn Feinstein Foundation’s mission to stamp out hunger in the United States with his yearly Million Dollar giveaway.
Donations of food, household items, or checks can be directed to FISH Food Bank, care of Martha LaMont, P.O. Box 428, Cascade Locks, OR 97014.
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge