Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Cascade Locks The Columbia Gorge Lions Club has donated 200 pounds of food and household items last month to the Cascade Locks food bank, associated with FISH of Hood River County.
The Cascade Locks food bank serves 50 families in the community.
This is the third year the community has accepted the challenge of the Alan Shawn Feinstein Foundation’s mission to stamp out hunger in the United States with his yearly Million Dollar giveaway.
Donations of food, household items, or checks can be directed to FISH Food Bank, care of Martha LaMont, P.O. Box 428, Cascade Locks, OR 97014.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge