Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Cascade Locks The Columbia Gorge Lions Club has donated 200 pounds of food and household items last month to the Cascade Locks food bank, associated with FISH of Hood River County.
The Cascade Locks food bank serves 50 families in the community.
This is the third year the community has accepted the challenge of the Alan Shawn Feinstein Foundation’s mission to stamp out hunger in the United States with his yearly Million Dollar giveaway.
Donations of food, household items, or checks can be directed to FISH Food Bank, care of Martha LaMont, P.O. Box 428, Cascade Locks, OR 97014.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge