Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Pi Chapter, Delta Kappa Gamma, announces it ismaking available a $750 scholarship to an educator having five years or less experience within a Sherman, Wasco, or Hood River County school.
With an application deadline of April 22, interested persons may contact Beth Kaser at 541-980-8854.
Unit 20, Oregon Retired Educators, is offering a $750 scholarship to a third, fourth or fifth-year college student (as of this coming September) who aspires to become a teacher and is attending an Oregon school.
Applicants must have family in either Hood River, Wasco or Sherman County. Application deadline is May 1. Inquiries and an application may be had by contacting Frank Wall at 541-354-1505.
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Cooper’s Spur Road completed in 1926
- ‘Age of Dignity’ discussion series starts Oct. 22
- Advocacy Center holds fundraiser Oct. 22
- Roots and Branches: Find and use your tools
- Columbia Gorge Peace Village hosts film
- WS Library holds ‘Boys in the Boat’ talk Oct. 22
- Gorge receives national honor this weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 19
- ‘Mayerdale Place’ program Oct. 21
- County continues marijuana hearings
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge