Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Pi Chapter, Delta Kappa Gamma, announces it ismaking available a $750 scholarship to an educator having five years or less experience within a Sherman, Wasco, or Hood River County school.
With an application deadline of April 22, interested persons may contact Beth Kaser at 541-980-8854.
Unit 20, Oregon Retired Educators, is offering a $750 scholarship to a third, fourth or fifth-year college student (as of this coming September) who aspires to become a teacher and is attending an Oregon school.
Applicants must have family in either Hood River, Wasco or Sherman County. Application deadline is May 1. Inquiries and an application may be had by contacting Frank Wall at 541-354-1505.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge