Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Check out the Gorge Grown Farmers Market weekly for fresh fruits, veggies, grass-fed beef, cut flowers, cheeses, fresh salmon, bread, eggs and more, from 4-7 p.m. every Thursday beginning May 2 at Hood River Middle School on 13th and May streets.
The Gorge Grown Farmers Market accepts SNAP food stamp cards as well as debit cards. Thanks to its business sponsors, food stamp shoppers can get $5 free to spend with their first $5 in purchases. Visit the info booth at the market for more information.
Are you a backyard gardener with extra produce? The market’s community tables are there for you to sell some product and give a wider variety of products available to the shoppers.
Are you interested in playing music, giving a demonstration or hosting a kids activity?
To get involved, contact Todd Dierker at 541-399-2840 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
- Fire season is here: enjoy yourself, safely and legally
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge