Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Check out the Gorge Grown Farmers Market weekly for fresh fruits, veggies, grass-fed beef, cut flowers, cheeses, fresh salmon, bread, eggs and more, from 4-7 p.m. every Thursday beginning May 2 at Hood River Middle School on 13th and May streets.
The Gorge Grown Farmers Market accepts SNAP food stamp cards as well as debit cards. Thanks to its business sponsors, food stamp shoppers can get $5 free to spend with their first $5 in purchases. Visit the info booth at the market for more information.
Are you a backyard gardener with extra produce? The market’s community tables are there for you to sell some product and give a wider variety of products available to the shoppers.
Are you interested in playing music, giving a demonstration or hosting a kids activity?
To get involved, contact Todd Dierker at 541-399-2840 or email email@example.com.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge