Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Here in the Gorge airs on Tuesday evenings at 6:30 p.m. on Radio Tierra with hosts Gale Arnold and Susan Hess.
The program introduces listeners to people who make the Gorge fun, livable, interesting.
Radio Tierra, KZAS, is at 95.1 FM Hood River and White Salmon and 107.7 The Dalles
Here is the schedule for April:
April 9 — Paul Blackburn and Ben Bonham. Music events fill the calendar. But are the many Gorge musicians who play for a glass of wine or dinner undermining the ability of professional musicians to make a living? These two have lots of thoughts on the subject.
April 16 — Robin Cody, Hood River Reads. He paddled a canoe from the uppermost Columbia River reaches to the Pacific Ocean. He drove bus for special needs children. This award-winning author’s book, “Ricochet River,” is Hood River Reads 2013 selection.
April 23 — Lindsay Cornelius and Kate Conley. Columbia Land Trust. You’ve probably heard that the nonprofit Columbia Land Trust and Hood River County now own and will manage some 400 acres along the Hood River. But did you also know that Columbia Land Trust recently opened a new Hood River office on Cascade Avenue? Or about the group’s ambitious ongoing work to conserve lands along the Klickitat and White Salmon Rivers?
How about its work to conserve oak woodlands and native prairie habitat in The Dalles area?
Founded in 1990 as an all-volunteer organization, today Columbia Land Trust has become a major player in land conservation and restoration in our area — and throughout the Columbia River region from the John Day River all the way to the Pacific.
More like this story
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
- HAHRC BEATS: Preventing type 2 diabetes begins with changes
- US Postal Service debuts Alzheimer’s fundraising stamp
- Oregon State Parks celebrate ‘Green Friday’
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 18
- Kegler's Corner: Randy’s Painting Tops Industrial
Blasting on I84
Blasting on I84 Enlarge